Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window Controller for BMW 335i

Hi. Hope this fits in here....

So I have a module here that burned a bit. See Photos. Top, Bottom, and some close-up. Ignore the black lines on the last few photos, lens got damaged.

I need to figure out what goes where. Can't seem to find a diagram/schematic or any reference image of good quality.

Anyone here worked on something like this or have one laying around? :P (long shot)

Much Appreciated
    Attached Files
    while alive { live(toFullest=true) }

Re: Window Controller for BMW 335i

This isn`t what you`re looking for but if its any help check page 15

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...1a6e82ec51.pdf
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

too much work, find another online.

you need to grind out all the burned carbon and then rebuild.
      positive thing is it didnt damage the area for the buttons,
      negative thing, i suspect a part is completely missing.

you you check the remaining diode & ceramic caps for shorts?

Comment

Thanks guys you both are so helpful!

@SMDFlea thanks that would at least give me an idea of the pinouts.

@stj Yeah it is I agree, but id give it a shot in anycase. The traces & pcb is pretty much toast as you can see. I think there maybe something missing as well but it also seems to not be the case.

It seems like it may have been a spillage... Those traces there are mainly ground. The only one not ground is coming from the Diode. No shorts on anything.

Comment

could have been a loom short or maybe a stalled motor then.
          loom damage is common in cars these days.

Comment

Interesting point. I saw the car today... Made me say that uhm no thanks I'm not spending anymore time on that module... The owner clearly doesn't care about his car... Its sad. Anyways so I moved on not doing any more work on this.

EDIT: To add, before my decision I did check the connector in the car and the 2 pins that run side by side with the bridged cap is 12V and GND.
            Last edited by MJ-meo-dmt; 11-14-2018, 08:25 AM.

Comment

you should have checked the cables where they pass from the pilars into the doors for rubbing - the tubing they hide in does not always help.

also, connectors should never rest in the bottom of the door, but be clipped up - the bottom of the door is a drainage channel for rain.

Comment

Yeah I agree. For checking the cables I didn't want to interfere with the "job"... I only received the module and had a look at that and that's pretty much it. As I said once I saw the car I felt declined to do more in any case.

If it was my personal "job"/"client" I would have done the above with extra charge for sure to help with motivation but yeah anyways.

Comment

Working...
                X