Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gears Nightawk AC1900, model#C7100V connection issue help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gears Nightawk AC1900, model#C7100V connection issue help.

Hi good folks;as i have stated in other thread that i was going to buy this router see link billow; but now i have a
    big issue to connect to Comcast internet,i did call Comcast and activated the router,they say that they activated it and i can get all the led lights on from led but no internet no pages where to be found i tried on all my win 10 pc and win 8 and still the same,i've been struggling with Comcast personnel back and forth
    and no solution so far,they want to send a tech over but it takes a few days to get here,meanwhile no internet,any you guys have this router Gears Nightawk AC1900, model#C7100V that youve me a hand,maybe there has to be a issue the the Computers configuration that needs to changed,since the auto repair and auto configure can't deal with it,i would appreciate if you could give a hand,,thanks.

ww.downloads.netgear.com/fil...00V_QSG_EN.pdf

Re: Gears Nightawk AC1900, model#C7100V connection issue help.

Have you tried with an Ethernet cable ?

Comment

On your router, what is the IP address assigned to the router WAN/Internet port?

For example, if the router WAN IP address is 99.99.99.99, can you ping 99.99.99.99 from a PC?
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
        On your router, what is the IP address assigned to the router WAN/Internet port?

For example, if the router WAN IP address is 99.99.99.99, can you ping 99.99.99.99 from a PC?
        thanks retiredcaps for your input;please can you tell me how to do the ping,i know a little bit about stuff but do not understand most of the technical stuff;but put that a side for now.
        After much struggle back and forth with CS and tech guys at Comcast for 3 days i've finally got this connected to the internet,almost gave up and i was about to return the nighthawk 7100c Net-gears router,
        they at Comcast said they would send tech to my house in 4 days,i did not want to wait that long without internet and phone,i told them that i would take out my Net-gears router and put back theirs Arris Tg862 so i would not stay without service and would continue with their router and i would return the Netgears ,so i started the activation of their router and everything went smoothly and successfully then i requested a better plan that wouldn't be much more then what i was previous paying for 25MBPS + phone was 96 bucks a month, so they offered me a plan with the lowest in phone and 100MBPS speed for 108.00 about 12 dollares more ,so i accepted,the upgrade service went ahead,then i checked my new 100MBPS speed and ping and something was not right special the pings one time i had like 60MBPS with pings on the 90's and one time 0 Ping with speed of 120,so i told them something was not right that their old router was getting crazy with so much speed could not handle it and phone not working ,so after so much complaining on my part CS guys passing to this tech to another tech, i suggested that the tech would come to my house bring new router of theirs if he couldn't install mine new Net-gear he would exchange for another Comcast router, finely and at last i got some real tech that told me he would be in my house in a mater of minutes,it took like 30 minutes for this tech to show at my house,he took their router out put mine and it was activated and running in 15 minutes or so,he left me with the Net-gear login menu so i took care of the rest security for wireless and that stuff.Now all my computers are running with a blast speed which is great.,

But now i have a bit of an issue and need your help with my Android TV boxes have 2 Oct-core 912 3 GB ram 32 gb storage, the issue is that i have them wired and also wireless but although they show, Ethernet cable and wireless connected i can't get on line,is there any configuration i can try either on the router main menu or in the tv boxes settings,on the tv boxes i have 2 ip settings DHCP or STATIC,when i change to STATIC it asks me to enter a valid IP Adress in DHCP i click and it say (saves successfully)
        can you please help me to configure this in easy technical terms ,i've had too much grief with this Comcast service,but i have no other choice since there is no other internet service with this much MBPS speed, we another option but it's Verizon DSL with a crappy 12MBPS so we have to take it, and i'm getting old for this, i would appreciate any input on this thanks.
        Last edited by ivtec; 10-08-2017, 07:20 AM.

Comment

Run CMD as administrator and type ipconfig/all.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
            Run CMD as administrator and type ipconfig/all.
            Thanks diff but it's not my PC's it's my Android tv boxes that say connected with Hard wire and wireless but no internet? but here goes the results of ip settings as you asked ,thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

Can you ping the Android boxes if you have assigned them a static IP ?
              From the command line with admin privileges it's ping then the IP address.
              I wonder if it's something to be done with IP4 and IP6 both being on, I've seen a similar issue in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                Can you ping the Android boxes if you have assigned them a static IP ?
                From the command line with admin privileges it's ping then the IP address.
                I wonder if it's something to be done with IP4 and IP6 both being on, I've seen a similar issue in the past.
                Thanks diff;i already have the Tv boxes running with Wireless 5GHZ but i"ve discovered that the Ethernet cable was the cause, but now i'd like to know why the boxes don't run on the Ethernet hard cable?not that i need it because the wireless is working good now, since i upgraded my internet speed to 100MBPS ,i've just run speed test and it gives between 70 and 100 MBPS steady with pings on the 15 to 25.
                Also i did not change to STATIC IP,tv boxes are set up to DHCP.

Comment

i had this once, it was a setting in the android box.
                  i think i had to select the ethernet as the default interface, or disable the wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                    i had this once, it was a setting in the android box.
                    i think i had to select the ethernet as the default interface, or disable the wifi.
                    Hi stj thanks; i did all that but none works,it seems to me when i connect cable there are conflicts, it says it's connected on either cable or WiFi,if i keep cable connected the wireless doesn't work right, in order for the box to work right in WiFI the Ethernet cable must be disconnect,but the other way around the Ethernet cable won't work right, it says it's connected but i think the signal is to weak that can't go on line or stream.
                    Last edited by ivtec; 10-10-2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

more like the settings for dns lookup or something are screwed.

Comment

more like the settings for dns lookup or something are screwed.
                        stj you mean in the router setup config?

I found this about DNS for Netgear routers can i try this?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Ho...r/td-p/1161043
                        Last edited by ivtec; 10-11-2017, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
                          stj you mean in the router setup config?

I found this about DNS for Netgear routers can i try this?

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Your-Ho...r/td-p/1161043
                          Also here the manual for my router ;is there anything that i can change in the router that could help on this issue?

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...82a1f98d9b.pdf

Comment

i was refering to the android box.
                            it should have settings for it's i.p. address, the gateway address, and the dns server address.

here is an interesting test.
                            load the android web browser and stuff this into the address bar:
                            if that works, it's a dns problem,
                            if not then it may be a gateway problem.

Comment

i was refering to the android box.
                              it should have settings for it's i.p. address, the gateway address, and the dns server address.

here is an interesting test.
                              load the android web browser and stuff this into the address bar:

if that works, it's a dns problem,
                              if not then it may be a gateway problem.
                              thanks stj; after changing some cables around and also changed a router that i had as a switch splitter and wireless for an Ubuntu OPS that doesn't like the NetGear C7100A wireless,(Although the box that was close to the router was not on the Switch and also all the win 10 working right both WHIFI /Cable)all along, that's why it was harder to figure out issues?now Android tv boxes started working flawless with the Ethernet Hard cable cable and WIFI.
                              Some times this stuff starts to work without me knowing what happened,and without me understanding why these things happen to me,the more i try to fix them the worse it gets,but i never give up and soon or later things start to work right on their own and i just assume that this or that fixed the issue, but some times i really don't know,what matters is that things end up working.
                              My speed on the Android TV boxes with Ethernet hard cable at this moment is= 10 Pings and speed 115 MBPS, Thanks again you guys and this might fine BadCaps forum for always to be patent and try to help when needed.thanks.
                              Last edited by ivtec; 10-11-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X