13" faulty macbook led screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

13" faulty macbook led screen

I've received a faulty led panel. It shows some darker areas on the bottom part, fan shaped, less than an inch tall. Apart from that the image shows nicely, colours are fine, no dead pixels as far as I can see. I noticed from the panel comes a pesky whizzy sound too. Two faults in such a small screed are unacceptable but I was wondering whether it may be a not too complicated fix somehow. Any insight ? Thank you !

Re: 13" faulty macbook led screen

Here it's how it shows
    Attached Files

Comment

I'd hazard a guess it's LED failure. You'd have to remove the frame, sepearte the layers, find the correct LEDs and replace them.
      Not something I'd want to do for a customer and certainly not on something new i'd bought.
      Send it back.

Comment

It was on a machine I bought for spares, luckily not paid that much. I've tried a couple of times to put my hands on faulty panels just for curiosity and understanding how they work. Unfortunately I managed only once to get some better outcome than the initial damage. I hoped in this case there was some smd component that could be replaced.
        Thanks for help anyway !

Comment

Working...
        X