Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biostar MCp6p M2+

Hi, new here, amateur Electro Geek.

I got this machine from my mother after my last one fried, I actually specced it out for her to be relatively similar in capability. the problem I'm having that's got me here at the moment is it's reading a tad off in Everest, mostly I'm just wondering if maybe it's normal, but if it's not then I'll likely get to work fixing it asap.

Voltage Values
    CPU Core 1.33 V
    +2.5 V 1.20 V <------ This troubles me...
    +3.3 V 3.36 V
    +5 V 5.05 V
    +12 V 12.10 V
    +5 V Standby 4.92 V
    VBAT Battery 3.07 V

I looked over the normal electrolytic caps and they all seem fine, but it has the low profile metal covered deals, they all say 2.5v so I thought maybe they're the issue?

but i'm not touching anything until i know if it's a problem! thanks for any feedback!

Re: Biostar MCp6p M2+

Without knowing more detailed information my guess is you misread it.
    My guess is that line should read +1.5 V 1.20 V which would be normal.

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
      Without knowing more detailed information my guess is you misread it.
      My guess is that line should read +1.5 V 1.20 V which would be normal.
      I dunno there, I've had a few diff pc's that I've run everest on and they always read 2.4ish, I've been trying to get more info on the board but I can't find anything definitive. which is why i came here, I figured people here would have a bit more experience with different boards like this.

I'll try to find more info, thanks anyway

Just checked the bios, it's the chipset voltage reading, as a side note though, the system locks up when i'm in the bios now O.o I don't overclock or anything, kinda wierd imo. but probly not a cap related issue, since I'm using the machine right now in xp no issues.
      Last edited by Mysteriphys; 12-12-2010, 01:19 AM.

Comment

whats your cpu temp running at?

I've seen cpu's run hotter in the bios then in windows

i've purchased this board for many people before with no issues, but that means squat
        Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
        ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Working...
        X