HDMI "No Signal" Viore PDP42V18HA to PS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HDMI "No Signal" Viore PDP42V18HA to PS3

Hey I got a Viore PDP42V18HA plasma tv that won't recognize an HDMI PS3 signal. It receives a composite cable signal from the PS3 and it receives an HDMI signal from my computer.

I reset the PS3 several times - which autosets the resolution to 480p - and reset the TV to default settings but it just won't pick up the PS3's HDMI signal. I replaced the main board and the problem persists.

Anyone know if this is a known problem with Viore plasmas/TVs or how to fix it? Thank you for your consideration.

Re: HDMI "No Signal" Viore PDP42V18HA to PS3

I've read that PS3s use HDMI 1.3. I think this model is from 2006 or 2007 so maybe it isn't compatible. Definite head scratcher for me. I could get composite cables, of coarse, but then the mystery would remain unsolved.

Comment

Do you have any way of setting the PS3's refresh rate? Try 50Hz. HDMI 1.3a should be fordward compatible (HDMI 1.2 TVs will work but not support extra features like 3D.)
      Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
      For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Thanks, Tom. The info I've come across indicates that United States PS3s have no refresh options (you can set European PS3s to 50hz or 60hz) other than the automatic 24hz for Blue Ray. Incidentally, I fixed an old Philips 50" 50PF7220A/37 that has the same issue.

Comment

Ah yes, it may not support 24Hz. Does it not support 50/60Hz though?
          Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
          For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I meant, PS3 runs at 60hz unless using 24hz for BlueRay which changes automatically. There is no option to change the refresh rate.

Comment

Working...
            X