Thomson 32HB3103 sound problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thomson 32HB3103 sound problem

Hello. This TV from grandma has a problem and I'd be very happy to repair it.

When I turn the TV on, after 20 minutes or so the sound stops. When I turn it off and wait some minutes and then I turn it on the sound works again but it's periodically interrupted by silence.

I have taken a photo and all the capacitors look fine, anyway since this does not mean they're working well, should I do a complete recap? any idea or something to check or try before ordering new caps?

The speakers are connected with the black&white and black&red connectors at the top right of the photo.
    Attached Files

Re: Thomson 32HB3103 sound problem

When the sound drops out if you spray the IC below the connectors (24/28 pin IC) with freezer spray does the sound come back up.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I'm going to look for that spray and try. Will report back.

You mean the 28 pins SMD IC that appears at the right black capacitor and below 4 inductors marked with "220", isn't it? It's marked as TPA3110D2
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Y. Signal; 08-09-2018, 05:25 AM.

Comment

I've let the TV turned on for a while with the case opened and the sound is working nice, so it must be a heat issue.

I've carefully touched the TPA3110D2 and it's not very hot. However, the aluminum heatsink located under "CQC" letters is burning hot... I plan to remove it, clean the surface with isopropanol and use a new adhesive thermal tape and a bigger heatsink if I find one that fits.

I have tried unsuccessfully to gently remove the heatsink but it seems attached to the IC with some kind of white glue instead of thermal adhesive tape... it looks to be the same used near the large capacitor, is this practice common?. Any idea?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Y. Signal; 08-09-2018, 07:45 AM.

Comment

have you got a fan you can blow on too the back of the tv, you will know if its a heat related issue then and those ics do run hot some people mount a computer fan on the back casing over that area too keep it cool.

Comment

Thanks. I'll let the TV run for more time with a fan to be sure it's a heat problem.

Comment

Hi! Did you solved the problem? I have the same problem. In my TV, when I use external speakers or headphone using the headphones jack (the green one) the work perfect. The problem is when the sound goes to the internal speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by gtferrari View Post
                Hi! Did you solved the problem? I have the same problem. In my TV, when I use external speakers or headphone using the headphones jack (the green one) the work perfect. The problem is when the sound goes to the internal speakers.
                check ohms on internal speakers

Comment

just thought headphones may be a different amplifier . check speakers anyway

Comment

Did anyone resolve this problem?
                    I have the same problem on a TCL f32b3804 with the almost same PCB.. they have just added a LAN connector.

I have checked that the amplifiers for the speakers and headphones are not the same.
                    The amplifier for the headphones are the 14 pin IC just above the headphone plug.

I'm thinking of replacing the TPA3110d2

BR
                    Ener_dk

Comment

Originally posted by ener_dk View Post
                      Did anyone resolve this problem?
                      I have the same problem on a TCL f32b3804 with the almost same PCB.. they have just added a LAN connector.

I have checked that the amplifiers for the speakers and headphones are not the same.
                      The amplifier for the headphones are the 14 pin IC just above the headphone plug.

I'm thinking of replacing the TPA3110d2

BR
                      Ener_dk
                      Little update: I gave the TPA3110d2 a little blow with the heat gun at 100 Celsius and could reproduce/speed up the problem.
                      So Im going to replace the TPA3110d2

BR
                      Ener_dk

Comment

I lifted C138 close to TPA3110d2 and the problem was resolved.
                        C138 is connected to /SD on the chip.

BR
                        Ener_DK

Comment

Working...
                        X