• Show
Clear All

Hansol H711

Case history. Hope it helps someone.

Hansol H711
    ===========
    - made in Jan 2003
    - LCD panel by Samsung
    - power supply is built into base/stand (DC 12V, 3.35A)

Symptoms
    ========
    - no power on
    - no LED light

Component Replaced
    ==================
    - 680uF 16V capacitor in power supply base/stand (see pic)

Comments
    ========
    - taking apart base/stand is a bit of a pain, must separate plastic stand to get access to screws (see pic)
    - power supply part is protected by aluminum shield which is welded shut (see pic)
    - only 2 screws to take apart flat panel, easy to pry apart afterwards
    - no plug and play support in Windows XP
    Attached Files
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Re: Hansol H711

Your typed message under the picture didnt come out right. However, the 680 uF cap looks bulged a little and check the black (round) fuse right next to the main power connector (F1 on the solder side).
    Last edited by Dgtech; 05-22-2010, 09:10 AM.
    The strong-minded rise to the challenge of their goals,the weak-minded BECOME HATERS

Comment

Re: Hansol H711

Sorry old post, But I had a H711 burn up on me last night. It was actually a very small transistor on the top circuit board behind the screen. I thought it might just be a resistor until I opened it up. It's complete junk now. But I did get my money's worth from it. I gamed with it since 2005. It has seen many Rigs too. However it was time to change it anyway, I should have got a new 1080p monitor when I built my latest rig.

Comment

Working...
      X