X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LENOVO IDEAPAD 300S-11ibr issues

Model" Lenovo Ideapad 300S-11iBR
    platform:BM5488_FPC_V1.4

It came with no display. I downloaded lenovo bios update and extracted main+EC from it. After flashing i get display after almost a minute but still it gets stuck at Lenovo logo. The system seems to hangs at startup logo as usb kbd also refuses to work at that point. Can it be a TXE region issue. I tried cleaning txe region but ended with no display-might be 'coz of my inexperience with txe region. It uses TXE 2.0.2.2092 firmware.

I'm attaching the firmware from lenovo update+ my cleaned txe main bios. can anybody fix this??

PS: The mb is same as LENOVO FLEX 3-11_BM5488_FPC_V1.4
    Attached Files

Re: LENOVO IDEAPAD 300S-11ibr issues

Forgot to tell you, i tried flex 3-11 bios also but problem remains same.

Comment

Here are the tools to do it, if anybody dont have it already
      Attached Files

Comment

Try this one.The only difference between your MAIN TXE CLEAN.bin and BRASWELL CLEAN TXE.BIN is in the flash descriptor , i did a file compare using HxD .The TXE area is the same. The only thing i probably did differently to you was to choose braswell,not cherry trail in the FIT drop down box.
        Attached Files
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks smdflea. Will try and update about results.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
            Try this one.The only difference between your MAIN TXE CLEAN.bin and BRASWELL CLEAN TXE.BIN is in the flash descriptor , i did a file compare using HxD .The TXE area is the same. The only thing i probably did differently to you was to choose braswell,not cherry trail in the FIT drop down box.
            Unfortunately, it didnt work too-ended up in no display. I again tried lenovo official bios and i get display stuck at lenovo logo that too after 2-3minutes. I have removed lan,audio,card reader chips. Couldnt replace processor and ram as both are soldered. Mb is perfectly clean with no corrosion, no liquid spill. I even tried a mild reflow with no improvement.

Looking at the dead end????

Comment

check which signal gets active late. In this way, you may find a clue to discover the faulty component.

Comment

I posted the wrong bios at post #4 ,made a mistake with the model number. Heres another one to try,official bios with latest TXE v2.0.5.3117
                Attached Files
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Thanks for your effort smdflea but customer was in a hurry and took away the laptop.

PS: Caspian , i did tried that way but couldnt arrive at any conclusion(With my limited knowledge) as lot of voltages change when there is display.

Comment

well , i found same problem here, whats wrong with this type

Comment

Hi masters... i have 2 laptops of lenovo ideapad 300s, both of them are looking fresh... but keyboards of both laptops not working... and i bought another lenovo ideapad 120s with brocken screen.. i replaced the screen and its keyboard also not working... so all of three k. b not working even in bios setup that i may install new windows... yes it works on external k. b and mouse... i am really confused what to do... please help

Comment

Originally posted by smali View Post
                        Hi masters... i have 2 laptops of lenovo ideapad 300s, both of them are looking fresh... but keyboards of both laptops not working... and i bought another lenovo ideapad 120s with brocken screen.. i replaced the screen and its keyboard also not working... so all of three k. b not working even in bios setup that i may install new windows... yes it works on external k. b and mouse... i am really confused what to do... please help
                        This is the bios requests section,if you want more help start a new thread in the main laptop forum

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                          This is the bios requests section,if you want more help start a new thread in the main laptop forum
                          hi smdflea can you help me, i need bios lenovo ideapad 300s-11ibr
                          this my old bios
                          case no display
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by yahya85 View Post
                            hi smdflea can you help me, i need bios lenovo ideapad 300s-11ibr
                            this my old bios
                            case no display
                            bios extracted from Lenovo site update..
                            Attached Files
                            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Working...
                            X