Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ACER AL2423W - no display

Hi
    I have now changed a bunch of bad cap but I still don't get any +12V och +19V :-(. 5V is OK
    So I continued my fail search and discovered that the transformer had like 330 V in but nothing out, and at least something seems to be short circuited on the secondary side. So my problem is now how do I get a SPI 8TI00214 03 FC HI-POT 0617 GP GH-130?? I have given up goggling it now. Anyone has an idea? Else my last resort is to buy the whole power card of course.

Attached Files

Comment

There might be problem with pulse generator for primary side of transformer. 330V doesn't mean anything - 330V is DC, but there must be AC for generating magnetic field of transformer. Measure resistance primary/secondary wiring of transformer.
      You might help me with another AOC monitor - the same symptoms. No DC at secondary side.

There is (maybe) easier way to repair - to buy new power board
      http://www.donberg.ie/descript/f/fsp112-3f01.htm
      Last edited by dondrusco; 05-30-2010, 01:57 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

I have measured the resistance and it's 0 ohm everywhere on the secondary side of the transformer. It was only DC, no AC on primary side. How do I see if the pulse generator has failed? Even though I have order a power board via Ebay (cheaper than Donberg) I'm still interested in finding out what really failed here.

Comment

0 Ohms - it is OK - because it is coil.
          See this thread
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9872
          there are some hints how-to check primary side components.

Comment

Thanks so far, I have measured a bit on the primary side but can only conclude that the 230 V is being rectified to 330 V pretty soon. Before T2 there is only 330 V DC and after there is nothing, no DC no AC, i would expect 19V and 12V.
            (Before T2 there is 110 V AC and 330 V/1000V DC and it is giving correctly 5V.)
            So my conclusion is that there might be some component before T1 that is damaged. Does anyone have a circuit diagram for the FSP112-3F01?

Comment

Does that monitor have TWELVE inverter transformers? I'm looking at a SM that is purportedly for the AL2423W and it shows a board with 12 transformers, six lamp harness connectors.

Does this pic look like your unit?
              Attached Files
              Friends don't let friends buy Samsung ....

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu
                replace all other crap brands while you are at it.
                not sure about those hitano caps.
                Hitano are the brand of choice in my repairs - up there with Panasonic and Nichicon in reliability, and readily available here.

Comment

Originally posted by pedro
                  Does that monitor have TWELVE inverter transformers? I'm looking at a SM that is purportedly for the AL2423W and it shows a board with 12 transformers, six lamp harness connectors.

Does this pic look like your unit?
                  Turns out this Service Manual only has schematics for the "main board", not the power board. Forget I spoke.

Comment

Too bad, thanks for your try. Anyone else have the possibility to get a circuit diagram? Or have some hint?

Comment

Dismount aluminium shielding and post pictures (front/back) of power board.

Comment

Here are 4 pictures of my power board. I started with changing to those green caps...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by freddyfena
                          Here are 4 pictures of my power board. I started with changing to those green caps...
                          Ouch!!! The solder joints on the largest transformer look very bad. Is that an artifact of the lighting or the camera, or is that the problem?

PlainBill
                          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

That is because I removed and put the transformer back, I and have not cleaned or tried to make it look nice ;-)

Comment

There is one thread, where the same problem is discussed.
                              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...07835#poststop

Comment

I have repaired another one - but this one had bulged caps on control board.
                                No signal issue.
                                It worked for one week. But it stopped working unexpectedly. 10 seconds to turn off backlight. There were too hot - about 30 degrees of Celsius. It worked OK after cool down.
                                I found another bulged capacitor on backlight board. There were not standard capacitors - 180uF/30V. I have raplaced all three - 220uF/35V ones were used.
                                Attached Files

Comment

hooray, another monitor that can use my junked compnents from an acer x241w

same prob, blown capacitors
                                  also a blown fuse on the backlight inverter

replaced the bad caps on the controller board (vga) the capXcon and taepo on the power board, and the 3 bad capacitors and the fuse on the backlight inverter

however after all this fun still no backlight when i fixed it all together

as i was getting a flashlight the backlight inverter sparked and flamed up a U chip

ok so no backlight let me explain, when the vga was not plugged in the green light went orange (no signal)
                                  when the vga was plugged it in stayed green constantly

i tested with a MM the pin outputs to the backlight inverter it was getting constant voltage

i also cant find the xad306lr board anywhere except old ebay links and a few sites in poland (.pl)

...anyone want a power board and controller board?!!

cheap faulty capacitors in high temp high voltage circuitry is sadness

Comment

Originally posted by dondrusco View Post
                                    Check that three fuses (I think) - circled in red.

One of them is blown, probably.
                                    I have the same problem with the green light going to orange and back to green when I plug in a video source. I replaced all the caps and still no video. Can not even get into setup mode on monitor.

How do you test the fuse. Do you have to remove them?

Comment

Originally posted by dnwong View Post
                                      I have the same problem with the green light going to orange and back to green when I plug in a video source. I replaced all the caps and still no video. Can not even get into setup mode on monitor.

How do you test the fuse. Do you have to remove them?
                                      You can test the fuse(s) in circuit. Set your meter on ohms (resistance setting) and with the monitor unplugged, touch the black probe to one end of the fuse and the red probe to the other end. Resistance should read 0.3 ohms or less.

I suggest you start a new thread with new photos (see link below) because this thread is getting too crowded.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1868

Comment

I have a 24" Acer with the exact problem. I tore it apart and seems the capacitors are blown and need replaced. Can someone point me to a good website for ordering replacement capacitors for these monitors? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by steveiott06 View Post
                                          I have a 24" Acer with the exact problem. I tore it apart and seems the capacitors are blown and need replaced. Can someone point me to a good website for ordering replacement capacitors for these monitors? Thanks!
                                          Might help to know what part of the planet you're on.

Also, a search will find it's been covered a few times.
                                          36 Monitors, 3 TVs, 4 Laptops, 1 motherboard, 1 Printer, 1 iMac, 2 hard drive docks and one IP Phone repaired so far....

Comment

Working...
                                          X