Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer Aspire E5-473G no power

Hi Mates,

Please help me figure out what's the issue of this laptop, client said it just suddenly died. I reset the battery pin, disassemble, clean and apply thermal paste both on cpu and vga ic. Lights goes blue, when power is pressed you can hear the fan spin then stop, battery led blue but power led turns off too after pressing power button. Any idea before I continue to repair?

Thank you.

Re: Acer Aspire E5-473G no power

just measure voltages on coils.

Comment

Hi Caspian,

I am getting at least 1.8v from the coils below then drop to zero after the cpu fan stops to spin. Please see attached. Not sure if these are normal reading of voltages ?
      Attached Files

Comment

please report voltage on each coil separately, along with coil's name which is written on the mainboard near the coil.
        for example, like this: PL401 = 1.8v
        do the measurements before dropping to zero.

Comment

While I am measuring voltage it went dead Finally no lights. dead.

Comment

you probably shorted pins of an IC using multimeter's probe. so that IC is damaged too. now your laptop got two problems. you should be very careful while doing measurement. do you remember which IC it was which you shorted? just replace that IC. I hope it get fixed.
            Last edited by caspian; 11-09-2017, 09:08 PM.

Comment

I was able to recover this laptop on the same state after changing an IC I believed I damaged when measuring voltage. I also purchase a RT809F to try if I can repair it by writing the BIOS, however I don't have any idea to do it. Any thoughts? Thanks and happy new year!

Comment

Happy new year.
                this is good news that you repaired the component. now follow post 4. do not touch any IC other than coils.

Comment

Hello, I have the same problem.
                  Can you fix the problem?

Comment

Working...
                  X