Panasonic P65GT50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic P65GT50

I get 8 blink code when I power on the TV. I have done some troubleshooting and observed the following:

SS-Board (TNPA5648-1)
    - I have checked for transistor, diode, resistor shorts and everything looks fine.
    - confirmed all cables are properly connected and continuity on the panel.

- when I remove the ribbon connection between SS board and A board (SS33/A33) the TV stays powered up and I measure the following on the SS board:
    - TPVSUS = 210V, TPVe = 150V, TPSS1 = 60V
    - A33 connector has 5V, 15V on the A-board side
    - SC board LED is on and that side of the display appears happy
    - C1, C2, C3 boards have 3.3 and VDA ~ 55V.

With SS33/A33 ribbon reconnected, the SS and SC LED's turn on and then turn off after 1 second.
    - I confirmed VCC=5V on the buffer IC's, VDD=15V on the recovery buffer IC's.
    - TPS0S8 = 5V on power up (~1s), and then goes to 0V once the unit powers down.
    -Is it recommended to remove the SS33/A33 ribbon connection and feed an external 5V, 15V to the SS board to make troubleshooting easier, not sure if this is a good idea?
    - I also considered shorting TPS0S8 to ground to see if the TV stays powered up.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Re: Panasonic P65GT50

Anyone have any suggestions or can anyone tell me where I can find some parts for this old plasma?

Comment

Disconnect your main board and power supply from every other board except eachother. keep the main and power supply connected to one another as well as keep the main board connected to the buttons or IR sensor.
      Power on the set and wait 10-15 seconds for it to click on then back off. Once it clicks off, power up the set using the the button or IR which ever you left plugged in.
      Does the 8 blink still show up?
      Yes then main board is the issue.
      No then I don't know what the issue is but at least you ruled out the main board and power supply board.
      This TV set won't throw blinking codes for not having the sc or SS board connected as long as all the cables are disconnected from both the power supply and the main board.

Comment

I disconnected the main board and power supply from every other board except each other and I do not get the 8 blink code. I can keep everything plugged in except the ribbon connection between SS board and A board (SS33/A33) and I do not get the 8 blink code. Once that connection is made, I get the 8 blink code. Once the logic level on TPS0S8 goes high to 5V, that triggers the 8 blink event. Should I just try replacing the SS board?

Comment

Working...
        X