Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nichicon Replacement Cap (1980)

Hallo,
    I'am looking for replacement caps for an Onkyo A-15 amplifier build in 1980.
    Nichicon 0.47uF/50V. (M), 85°C, H8042
    Nichicon 1uF/50V, (M), 85C, H8042
    The caps have a yellow sleeve with black markings.
    The partslist list them as 1uF, 50V, LL or 0.47uF, 50V, LL.
    What makes me curious, is the LL and the yellow sleeve!
    I think, after 30 years of operation, replacing the caps, is not a bad idea.

arudi

Re: Nichicon Replacement Cap (1980)

I'm not familiar with the Nichicon LL series, if that's actually the series identifier. However, several of the Nichicon Muse series should be better replacements for those caps. Any of FG, KG, KZ and SW will work if they're polarized electrolytic, and ES should work if it's a non-polar electrolytic.

1 uF and 0.47 uF are also available in Rubycon Black Gate PK from Parts Connexion. However, all Black Gates have a long burn-in period (100 to 1000 hours). In comparison, the equivalent Nichicon Muse SW has little or no burn-in period and sounds great immediately on installation.

Comment

Thank You for the fast reply.
      The LL is not a marking on the cap. Onkyo made a remark in the drawing and partslist to indicate, that these are spezial types. May be, they meant Low Leakage, as they are used at the input of OP-Amps.
      They did not use bipolar caps. Instead they put 2 caps in series, with the +contakt connected together.

Comment

bi polar are polar caps with the negs connected in one package rather than two . so Yes you have a non polar set up .

Comment

Working...
        X