• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-46EX400 2 blink error code

Here is the PDF file:
    Attached Files

Comment

It can't be, that the mainboard is not giving the signal to start the T_Con?

Comment

I think that I was right.
        I ended up removing the PS board and swapping between the two TVs with no change.
        Then I have replaced the mainboard, and the TV it worked as it should.
        So another Sony mainboard Tom.
        Lately I'm just repairing Sonys and Samsungs. I can't find a Vizio anymore.
        For a couple of days I had five Sonys in my house for sale. I still have three and a Samsung.
        Now I need to find another mainboard.
        It seems the the EX class suffers of mainboard issues.

Comment

For this board to be compatible with your TV, make sure that you look at all the numbers on the board, but probably the most important is the bar code sticker.
          Mine it was: 55.71S01.C11...(the C11 is important here).

Comment

After a while(TV it was sitting in the garage), I have started up the TV and it wouldn't turn on again. It shows the same 2 blinks.
            It has the same BL_Error of 3.3V on all the time. T-Con 12V still missing.
            What could be this, a bad tube?

Comment

How it should be showing the BL_Error if everything it's OK?

Comment

Usually LOW, less than 1V.
                Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

What should I look for.
                  Transformers look OK. Should I check out the ccfl tubes?
                  I still have the same exact TV which works great.
                  Should I just replace boards?
                  I don't understand what happened here. Put in another main board and it started working and now it's back to the same blinking error?

Comment

I'd swap balancer + PSU, if same error occurs, swap main board.
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I have swapped the PS board and didn't change anything.
                      Then, I have changed the main board and the TV started right up.
                      The same exact thing happened last time and then the main board died(not sure about this) after a couple of days. It could be that something else could damage a new main board?
                      I haven't replaced the balancer board yet.
                      I may not have enough time to do that. Today, the other TV it may be sold. Will see.
                      I'm returning the purchased main board and I will get another one as soon as possible.

Comment

Got another mainboard and with that, it seems like it's working. Will keep using it for a while, to make sure that is all OK before I sell it.

Comment

Today it stopped working, with the same two blink error code.
                          What is going on here?
                          Third mainboard does the same thing. Initially it's working and then brakes down.
                          I haven't done any measurements yet, but I expect the same voltages missing, the T-con board 12V missing and the T-con On is 0V.
                          Any ideas what could cause this if not the mainboard? The T-con may have some issues?
                          I'm wondering, these mainboards are get damaged?

Comment

I have measured the voltages and they are the same. All voltages are there, but nothing goes to T-con. No T-con ON and no T-con 12V. BL-Error is 3.3V, that is OK?
                            This one is getting ridiculous. Ebay seller states that I have other issues with my TV and I begin to believe him, since all three main boards show the same exact symptom.
                            What can I test next. What kind of resistor can I use for PS_ON + ST-BY to kick start the PS, 100 Ohm? St_By is 3.3V. I have tried with a 1K, but nothing happened.
                            I would appreciate any help, I'm trying to repair this as soon as possible, because Ebay seller has a 14 days return policy and I have lost already a couple of days with this heat.

Comment

Could this be a problem with the AC-DET circuit maybe? Sounds to me like something on the PS board at this point.

Comment

Not sure which one is that or what it does. Could you please elaborate a bit?
                                The BL_Error has a 3.3V also, that should be there?

Comment

Tom pointed that out on another one of my TVs, I was missing the voltage on that pin, and he would know more but there is a photocoupler that goes the other way than the others (looks like PH6302 on yours) and your AC_OFF_DET pin is pin2 on the main board connector.

On mine it was missing the 5V, and I had to bridge pins 3 and 4 of the photocoupler which fixed the TV but we weren't sure where the real problem was.

There are also a couple of other ICs on the PS board, Im not sure where the error signal gets generated from though, and if AC_DET would cause a 2 blink code or not.
                                  Last edited by kevinm34232; 09-10-2013, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Did you ever replace PS board? If it helps:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...t=sony+2+blink

Comment

On mine I can hear the relay click as I plug the power cable in and then it starts blinking red 2x. Never goes green.
                                      I don't want to replace a power board, I want to repair it. I replace mainboard and T-con only.
                                      It seems that I will have to look for the T-con 12V from where is coming from and do some investigation. I'm in a hurry, because I already exceeded the 14 days return policy on Ebay. The seller is asking his technician and it keeps saying that I have other problem and not the mainboard is the problem.

Comment

On the power supply board, are you getting 12DC at both end of the 7A fuse PS6151?
                                        Are you getting 380Vdc on the main filter cap C6516?
                                        What DC voltage measure at the legs of C6206 (it is in the Primary side of the 3.3V power supply HOT section)?
                                        Never stop learning
                                        Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                        http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                        http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

By the way, do you know the chassis number of this TV?
                                          Never stop learning
                                          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                                          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                                          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Working...
                                          X