ABIT KT7 RAID only POSTs every other time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABIT KT7 RAID only POSTs every other time

Hey guys, I have an ABIT KT7 RAID motherboard that will only POST every other time I try it.

When first powering it up, all the fans and drives spin up but I get no display and no beep. If I then turn the switch off on the power supply while it is running and wait for everything to stop and try again, it boots up just fine and works great until I shut it off.

It doesn't matter if it has sat for a while or if I was just using it, it always takes exactly 2 tries to get it to POST.

Rebooting from windows also doesn't work as it just hangs in the exact same way and I have to turn the power supply switch off and on again for it to boot.

I know capacitors going bad can cause all sorts of strange issues but since this problem is so specific and repeatable does it really sound like bad caps? None of the caps are swollen or leaking.
    canadaboy25

-Sometimes the light at the end of a tunnel is an on-coming train

Re: ABIT KT7 RAID only POSTs every other time

also consider bad/incompatible PSU?

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
      also consider bad/incompatible PSU?
      Sorry, I forgot to mention it does the same thing with a different PSU. Also different ram has been tested.
      canadaboy25

Comment

this kind of issue can be due to defect in almost any component on the board. to find out, you have to do a number of measurements on the mainboard when it does not display anything. are all the voltage rails present when the mainboard does not display anything?

Comment

Well I fixed the problem accidentally. Was trying to reinstall windows and had an ACPI error so I reset the BIOS to default settings and that somehow fixed my no POST issue. Must've had something screwed up in the BIOS that was causing it.
          canadaboy25

Comment

Working...
          X