Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extending the right to repair

And it's the right to repurpose.
    Here is a good example why: https://hackaday.com/2019/07/18/put-...s-edp-adapter/

In the aforementioned link, it shows that an Embedded DisplayPort (eDP) LCD can be connected to a standard DisplayPort output via a simple passive adaptor where EDID data is stored on the panel (and accessed via the auxiliary channel), and since I cannot find any current model tablets with a minimum 4K (3840x2160) display (and that 4K eDP panels around the 12-16 inch range are not hard to find at a reasonable price but are typically limited to a fixed set of timing parameters without using an external controller - beware, there are "4K" panels which do not have actual 4K resolution), I decided to start planning to build one with a Dell 4K touchscreen with eDP (fortunately, the camera and touchscreen are USB and therefore easy to connect (the microphone has a digital interface (no issue with picking up analog noise via the cable) can be connected via the I2S interface but it would take some guesswork to determine the data format) - if the eDP auxiliary channel instead of USB was used for these two devices (not the microphone), it would need an SBC with DisplayPort or a special adaptor which converts the auxiliary channel (480 Mbit) to USB).
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.
Working...
X