Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell E5440 does not turn on

Originally posted by poweron View Post
    when I select the file to program a ch341a programmer message comes out: file too long, what to do?
    first flash the U2 4MB put the BIOS chip to Ch341A first Deceted the chip Read the file save the Dump , then erase uplode the 4MB & reprogram if it's not working do the same thing for the U1 8MB
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
      first flash the U2 4MB put the BIOS chip to Ch341A first Deceted the chip Read the file save the Dump , then erase uplode the 4MB & reprogram if it's not working do the same thing for the U1 8MB
      The bios region is 6MB so there will be a mismatch,flash both U1 and U2 .
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I flashed U1 and U2 but did not turn on, during programming the ch341a does not recognize the chip which according to the scheme are winbond w25q64 / 32fv, instead it reads them as ST m25p10a, I noticed that on the two chips there are no 3.3V_M I think without of these tensions cannot work

Comment

I flashed U1 and U2 but did not turn on, during programming the ch341a does not recognize the chip which according to the scheme are winbond w25q64 / 32fv, instead it reads them as ST m25p10a, I noticed that on the two chips there are no 3.3V_M I think without of these tensions cannot work
          Ok they have used ST m25p10a Instead off w25q64 and for the second Bios most of the time Vin gets after but according to the schematics it's different maybe someone else can help on this Example SMDflea Or another veteran

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
          The bios region is 6MB so there will be a mismatch,flash both U1 and U2 .
          Thanks SMDflea do you have another Dump

Comment

Just the resistance to GND on the BIOS chip pin8 That doesn't have a power

Comment

the resistance between pin 8 and gnd of U1 / U2 is 7.5k

Comment

this board uses the following bios chips U1 = ST25Q03213 and U2 = ST25Q064A, the bin files are the same as the ones I downloaded?

Comment

U43 and U45 aren`t being swithed on,you need PCH_ALW_ON and A_ON from RP18 .Check RP18
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

the RP18 resistance measures 100k each resistance, the voltages are as in the attachment
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by poweron; 06-06-2019, 07:01 AM.

Comment

this is complete
                      Attached Files

Comment

You should have voltage for PCH_ALW_ON and A_ON from the EC U38, GPIO053/PWM0 and GPIO054/PWM1. U43 and U45 pin 3 is active high
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-06-2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

@Techtiger Thanks SMDflea do you have another Dump[/QUOTE]

Yes on this thread: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70030
                          There are 2 different bios versions depending on the system configuration ,vPro/AMT and non-vPro . The bios at post #13 is vPro/AMT.

Comment

if those signals do not come from the kbc, maybe we need to program it with ec file?

Comment

Yes try it, make a backup first .

Comment

only I have to first buy a programmer for ec

Comment

for the moment I abandon this case, I do not have the programmer for ec bios, eventually I resume it later, thank you very much to everyone for the valuable advice

Comment

I take this case again to try to reprogram the bios, I have a question: the bios chips are not winbond like the other two cards I mentioned, but they are from the ST micron U2 M25P10A 128k 1mb, I can always flash the same winbond bin file or is it different? comparing them they look the same but I'm not sure

Comment

I flashed again U1 and U2 without results, missing the + 3.3v on these two do not come out of U45, this is powered however it lacks SIO-SLP-A # that if I'm not mistaken it comes out from the micro-ec, I return the doubt that it is a bios -ec problem, what do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                      X