asus x555ld no power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: asus x555ld no power

Question - applying 1v to the 19v power rail will cause a problem with the cpu/gpu or not?

No but with this low voltage u have problem to deliver right amount of power to heat up bad component

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
      @Vesko356, my comments not meant for you. Lots of newbies join our forum and they do commit this type of silly mistakes. As far as your question or comment about 1V-2A power on B+ rail is definitely not going to kill cpu even if high side fet is shorted.
      👍

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
      No
      👍

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
      but with this low voltage u have problem to deliver right amount of power to heat up bad component
      It's enough to find basic problems like shorted cap ans so on.

Originally posted by mmdqn View Post
      pc8226 is empty on my board because it is not the exact model as the schematic but it is shorted i get 0 on both sides.
      PC8203 PC8201 are not shorted and yes i did put back pu8200 because the short didnt go away with it removed.
      Check PR8214 must be 10K OHM, check resistance and both side to ground.
      Last edited by Vesko356; 02-07-2020, 09:54 AM.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.​
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

im getting 4.2k on pr8214

Comment

im getting 4.2k on pr8214
          OK, check PC8210 PC8211 PC8212 PC8213 PC8214 PC8215

Comment

on all of them i get 0.0

Comment

on all of them i get 0.0
              Unsolder PL8200, open PJP8201 and then check again PC8210 PC8211 PC8212 PC8213 PC8214 PC8215

Comment

i unsoldered PL8200 but i cant find a jumper. Desoldered pc8210 because it said that the jumper is below but there is no jumper. and there is still a short on the others.

Comment

i unsoldered PL8200 but i cant find a jumper. Desoldered pc8210 because it said that the jumper is below but there is no jumper. and there is still a short on the others.
                  I said PJP8201 not PJ8201

Comment

sorry my bad opened the jumper and the short is gone

Comment

sorry my bad opened the jumper and the short is gone
                      That's bad, very bad - I really hoped the short will remain. How much is the voltage drop (diode mode) between pin 2 of the PJP8201 to ground?
                      On the other side of the board check caps C2606 C2622 C2623 C2626 C2634 C2611, I really really hope some of that caps to be shorted and to be the reason.
                      Last edited by Vesko356; 02-07-2020, 12:39 PM.

Comment

0.0 well i guess the cpu is gone ?

Comment

0.0 well i guess the cpu is gone ?
                          Maybe, but there is still few remaining chances to be something else.
                          Check caps C2606 C2622 C2623 C2626 C2634 C2611 I really hope some of them to be in short.

Comment

C2622 C2623 C2626 C2634 C2611 are all shorted to ground i get 0.0 on all of them c2606 is working
                            Last edited by mmdqn; 02-07-2020, 12:56 PM.

Comment

C2622 C2623 C2626 C2634 C2611 are all shorted to ground i get 0.0 on all of them c2606 is working
                              OK excellent, there is still a chance one of them to be the cause , start desoldering the caps one by one and check if the short is gone.
                              And little correction CE2606 instead of C2606.
                              Start from CE2606 then C2622 and the others after that.
                              Last edited by Vesko356; 02-07-2020, 01:18 PM.

Comment

desoldered all of them 1 by 1 and still a short... guess the cpu is dead

Comment

desoldered all of them 1 by 1 and still a short... guess the cpu is dead
                                  Damn it!!!
                                  Including CE2606, and all caps was good and not shorted?
                                  How much is the resistance between pin 2 of the PJP8201 and ground now?
                                  Tell me the values in diode mode and ohm mode.
                                  Last edited by Vesko356; 02-07-2020, 03:01 PM.

Comment

all caps were good resistance in diod mode is 0.0 in ohm mode is 5 ohms

Comment

all caps were good resistance in diod mode is 0.0 in ohm mode is 5 ohms
                                      I'm sorry man, I will look more carefully boardview again tomorrow, but for now I can tell you the cpu is most probably gone.

Comment

Thank you for the effort and time you put into this

Comment

Thank you for the effort and time you put into this
                                          Thank you too man, you are nice and skillful guy, it was a pleasure for me to assist you in this repair attempt. I'm really sorry we can't defeat Asus time. Yea such a pity, but we will win next time.
                                          Last edited by Vesko356; 02-07-2020, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X