Plasma TV screen issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plasma TV screen issue

The tv was working then all of a sudden there was a loud pooping sound then the screen went black. There appears to be ghost images on screen, see pic below. Is this a bad screen or something that can be fixed easily. Its an LG 60PCID-UE

Attached Files

Re: Plasma TV screen issue

It'll be one or more of the IPM's.

Hard to change, only S/H ones available and expensive, so recommend you ascertain which board has the faulty one--and replace the whole board....
    TELEFIX

How PLASMA SCREENS WORK, X-SUS and Y-SUS what they do--
    http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-1088.pdf
    PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL ME PRIVATELY FOR REPAIR ADVICE. QUESTIONS BELONG ON THE FORUM!

Comment

will do, thanks.

Comment

To add to Alastair's comments, most likely Z-sustain IPM bad
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

thanks Tom, appreciate your help.

Comment

Good luck finding a decent priced board - I am in the market as well. Current ebay prices floating around $200, too much for a set of this vintage imho.

I already replaced the erc ipm I think it was. Set ran beautifully for about ten hours before popping again.
            Last edited by mmartell; 04-27-2015, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Hope i dont upset anybody by posting this question here. Can someone give me an idea of if this would stop a plasma screen tv from displaying? see attached photo
              Attached Files

Comment

Absolutely would not display an image with a crack like that.

Comment

IPM replacememt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8MNQYXw8E0
                  Last edited by capkid; 04-27-2015, 09:50 PM.
                  LG Plasma Mal-Discharge Correction Service

Comment

Originally posted by jjanssen7 View Post
                    Absolutely would not display an image with a crack like that.
                    Alrighty then, to the tip I go. Thank you for your input

Comment

Originally posted by krizzy View Post
                      Alrighty then, to the tip I go. Thank you for your input
                      could be worth flogging on Ebay for parts. what is it? working remote?

That way you get paid for someone else taking the trash out.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                        could be worth flogging on Ebay for parts. what is it? working remote?

That way you get paid for someone else taking the trash out.
                        Its a Samsung PS42C451B2D and yes has working remote, I tried to turn it on again for the last attempt but now doesn't even make the start up tone unless the power to the logic board or power to the y-sus is disconnected. Thanks for the suggestion but I think age and lack of use (sitting unused) has now got the better of it.

Comment

Originally posted by krizzy View Post
                          Its a Samsung PS42C451B2D and yes has working remote, I tried to turn it on again for the last attempt but now doesn't even make the start up tone unless the power to the logic board or power to the y-sus is disconnected. Thanks for the suggestion but I think age and lack of use (sitting unused) has now got the better of it.
                          yeah well with cracked panel possibly shorted and now boards could also be shorted out trying to power this up.

I had an old Sanyo remote, was going to toss it but got $25 but they're unavailable and was Original. You just don't know what is junk to one can be handy for others. Even stands can be worth something for those who wall mount and toss them out then someone needs a stand later?

Sometimes just not worth the hassle.

Comment

Working...
                          X