Laptop only boots after bios reset?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop only boots after bios reset?

Got a lappy off ebay that needed the charging port resoldering.

Did that and it worked fine, but upon shutting down the only way to boot it back up is to remove the battery, press power button, put battery back in and then press power button again and it will boot fine.

When I got it I put a dual core cpu in it, this was before the charger arrived so I didnt test it before with the original cpu in it. Could this cause it?

It also had vista installed but I put windows 7 on it instead, again, I didnt test it before the charger arrived. Could the wrong os cause it?

I have never come accross the 2 above changes causing problems like this before so any help would be great.
    Do NOT touch heatsinks when testing for voltages as they may be LIVE!

Re: Laptop only boots after bios reset?

Mate why you are moving forward with guess work and not by making volt measurements to the points that mater ?

Comment

Hi Kiriakos GR perhaps gilly does not have a great experience of this laptop.
      Perhaps you can assist by telling him where to test and what result he should expect?

Gilly does it charge the battery? does it work ok with only the battery?
      does it work with only the charger, or is it the type that has to have a battery in.
      Please upload pictures using attachment function when ask for help on the repair
      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=39740

Comment

I don't have the laptop to hand until tomorrow.

the laptop works great when switched on. it works on battery and on ac. it charges the battery fine too. the only problem occurs when I shut it down, I have to reset the bios before it will switch on again.

I will tinker tomorrow when I have it in my possession.
        Do NOT touch heatsinks when testing for voltages as they may be LIVE!

Comment

One of the reasons that BIOS can hang on boot its due empty BIOS battery,
          check this too, or better replace it immediately with a new.

Comment

hello!
            I`m 100% that somebody work on that notebook and forgot the ac or battery connected.(yes someone made a short)
            why i`m saing this because i made this mistake to and touch the mb with wifi wires and guess what it will not power untill i reset the bios.
            i`ll be around with the progress on thisthread and prepare my notebook to so we can work together.
            P.s. mine its a Asus A55
            Just cook it! It's already broken.

Comment

hello
              any solution pleas ?

Comment

does anyone have a solution on this i have the same issue

Comment

Try switching the mb(with cmos battery installed) directly from kbc switching pin. Does it turns on this way??

Comment

Working...
                  X