Albatron PX865PEC Pro Recapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Albatron PX865PEC Pro Recapping

This budget board was purchased knowing it was going to be recapped. The main caps are either Chemicon KZG or Sanyo WX or a mix of both, depending on which board you got. The rest are G-Luxon 1000uf 10v (12 pieces) so the G-Luxons were recapped with Rubycon MCZ 1000uf 10v.

most of it was quite easy except for the 3 in between the ram slots and the 2 near the cpu where i was struggling and worried i might damage the board. i booted it up and started running memtest86+, working nice and then suddenly the board shut down! shit...........

being a professional i had forgotten to connect the cpu fan to the header. anyway its working now and passing test after test.....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by willawake; 04-16-2006, 03:39 PM.
    capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Re: Albatron PX865PEC Pro Recapping

recapped the other one now. this is my personal one.

did it with all rubycon mcz because i like the novelty of having all mcz on the board

goddamn room is a mess now
    Attached Files

Comment

Especially all the little tails from your caps flying everywhere.
      Nice when your barefoot and step on one.

So my question is, what you call a budjet board is?
      Less features, and badcaps, and lots of missing components?
      So if you don't need features and you recap an inexpensive board you can build a solid machine on the cheap ?
      Jim

Comment

yeah i was hitting the light and the tv when clipping those leads, they went everywhere.

budget boards? well this is why knowing how to recap is so cool. these are still available for 60 euro. they only have 10/100 lan, no firewire. looks like 3 phase power only. but rock stable boards, i have no complaint. of course this is buying at the end before this chipset is retired so its bound to be cheap.

i wonder if there is a newer revision cos the shop pic is different

pity they could not have used all chemicon and sold it for 100 euro.

albatron is a good brand but strange company at the moment. they were going to exit the mobo business then decided not to. now they have some new models which are still vaporware apparently.
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X