Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony XBR-55A9G & Sony XBR-55A8G

Hello,

Firstly, I am very new to this site so please don't get angry with me and call me names (n00b, idiot, etc.) if I accidentally post this in the wrong thread, or should post elsewhere. Just kindly redirect me.

I am posting for two separate reasons, although one and the same. I am repairing and replacing parts for the two Sony OLED models I listed.

Firstly, I have managed to find a majority of the parts necessary except I am missing an infrared sensor on the Sony XBR-55A9G. It is difficult to find by just naming it that. I have scoured the internet for service repair manuals and even called a few local shops in hopes they would be kind enough to lend a hand by sharing a manual I was unsuccessful (obviously why I am here). This leads me to the second reason I am posting as I have spent countless hours searching the internet to no avail trying to find schematics, manuals, or PCBs for these specific models. While I have come across X900 and such models, none for the A9G, A8G, A8F, etc.

As I stated earlier I am extremely new to this site and do not know how many OLED service/repair tech's are active on this site. I own a business dealing with electronics and components and do some cybersecurity consulting on the side. Although because I am new I am not a Sony Authorizeed Service Center or an LG Authorized Service Center but I am working on it in the meantime.

If this is the wrong thread, please kindly post where I ought to post my inquiry.

Best,
    Andrew Millsap

Re: Sony XBR-55A9G & Sony XBR-55A8G

first welcome here.. let start with one model you have and explain what are the fault you are facing and always please "GO Advanced" to upload focused high resolutions picture on whole back to see how boards connected to each other..and photos of the power boards complete and the sockets label which going to main boards and to T-CON driver boards.

in General as you know OLED TVs are all include LG panel and LG T-con driver boards.. and i can help you with this.
    Last edited by Diah; 12-30-2020, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Diah,

Thank you dearly. Yes I am aware of LG's relationship with OLED and have been in contact with LG Display multiple times. I have no problem sending pictures but I was just needing advice on where to find an IR Sensor/connector to the back panel for the 55A9G. I have replaced the TCON board and mainboard, all I need a single ribbon cable for the four at the bottom of the TCON board as it is missing one, as well as the IR Sensor/Board.

I was hoping to find schematics or a manual of that nature to be able to find the part numbers for what I am looking for. Are you aware of any place I can find one?

If you would still like me to post photos, let me know.

Best,
      Andrew Millsap

Comment

Originally posted by andrewftw View Post
        Diah,

Thank you dearly. Yes I am aware of LG's relationship with OLED and have been in contact with LG Display multiple times. I have no problem sending pictures but I was just needing advice on where to find an IR Sensor/connector to the back panel for the 55A9G. I have replaced the TCON board and mainboard, all I need a single ribbon cable for the four at the bottom of the TCON board as it is missing one, as well as the IR Sensor/Board.
        Andrew Millsap
        are you in DIY project to build SONY OLED ?

what kind of Ribbon. pins NO. & the align Order. some model have the first 2 pins line and the last 2 pins line wide shape, show here one of yours ribbon. !

from the socket of the IR on the main boards you need to check the pins specially if there TX & RX as its no only IR receiver but also Bluetooth one.

if it was just IR ( i dont think so ) its easily to DIY it with another SONY brand.

if its with Bluetooth you can find many from XBR series native LINUX or / android too

Comment

I have attached the photos to a .pdf file one shows me holding the cable connector for the port (IR Sensor I assume it goes to) the other photos show the missing TCON ribbon cable I am trying to find. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reaching out as quickly as you did.
          Attached Files

Comment

?????
            !!!!!
            i am confused .. one shows you !!!!!
            i can see only some one hold socket in his hand and this belong to the boards which screwed on the top of T-CON metal shield

nothings more.. and please post pure jpg photo. no need to convert them to pdf

Comment

Try www.encompassparts.com and put in the model number in the search window and hit enter. This will pull up most of the parts for your model. Sony usually has the part number on the ribbon cable but if you don't have it you may have to call them so they can look at their schematic to get the right one. Good luck

Comment

I found schematics, repair manuals, and large blown-up images for every new model of Sony OLED's. Master series, everything. I lucked out and got information only available to Sony Authorized Servicer Repair Centers. There are very few and I happened to get lucky.

Comment

If you have the schematics and repair manual let's see a copy. It will help us to help you better. Did you see the part number in either manual for the ribbon cable your looking for? Just google that part number and see what you come up with. Try Encompass too. They are usually my go to for hard to find Sony parts.

Comment

may I have the materials for XBR55A9G?

Comment

Update: Private message me for more information.

@brucetv i would love to discuss further with you offline. The part numbers are strange and encompass seems to have been out of stock for the individual ribbon cable i was looking for.

I am not sure how the part numbers in the schematics refer to the part numbers on encompass and other places, they often don't match and are differently lettered/numbered. I have been racking my brain as to how to find a specific part that has the number on the schematic/service manual but can't seem to find anything with the same alphanumerics online.

I really

Comment

If it was me, I would just wire up IR sensor from another TV. They all have similar operating principle.
                        Another option is to find TV with broken screen.
                        Also see on eBay who is selling parts for this model and ask.

Comment

Hello all,

Sorry for my delayed response, I plan to become more active within the community threads moving forward. I have an account with Encompass and have for a few years. I have a great relationship with them and they have helped me greatly with parts and such. I do frequently set up search alerts on eBay and have been buying/selling since the early days of ebay. Over 10+ years. The issue I was having is wondering A) whether or not a 41-Pin/51-Pin Flexible Flat Cable (41-P) and (51-P) that connects the TCon Board to the OLED Panel was interchangeable between 55"/65" and 77" A9G's or A8G's respectively. I know most parts, if not all parts, are interchangeable between 55" & 65" OLEDs (of the same model of course) but more so was wondering whether or not those same 41-Pin/51-Pin ribbon cables were interchangeable with the 77" as well.

The schematics all show different numbers for the cables on each separate size 55", 65" and 77". Although, I know T-Con Boards can be replaced by one of like three or four variations of the same Board. I think It's like 5871-A, 5871-C and maybe 5871-D or -P. I can't remember the T-Con model #'s exactly off the top of my head, I was merely, using that as an analogy to help explain my question regarding the T-Con ribbon Cables that connect to the Sony OLED Panel.

Any help is welcomed. Not asking anyone to do "my work for me." Just looking to chat and pick brains.

If anyone would like to add me as a connection or private message feel free to.

Best,
                          Andrew

Comment

Has anyone had any luck getting the firmware to take on this model?
                            I know my TV is good, I have successfully update firmware on one main board, but this tv is a tester in my shop and I can not get tv to update on a board that I'm testing. It has power, light from my optical audio out, soft white indicator light but no update.

Comment

Hi, I'm new to this community and have been trying to get some info on 65A9G which has 4 blink code and if i disconnect Tcon board, main board seems to stay on( could see optical out stays on). Looking for directions to see what i can do find where the problem is ?

Comment

Originally posted by swifttech00 View Post
                                Hi, I'm new to this community and have been trying to get some info on 65A9G which has 4 blink code and if i disconnect Tcon board, main board seems to stay on( could see optical out stays on). Looking for directions to see what i can do find where the problem is ?
                                starts with white light and in few seconds starts blinking 4 times(turns red) once I power it on. no picture and no backlight..

so far I understood it is panel or LD board problem. Is this correct for A9G?

I disconnected LVDS cables to the Tcon(from main board) and could see the TV stays ON( white light stays ON and could see optical light stays ON on the main board). - does this mean mainboard ok ?

started testing by disconnecting the 4 cables one by one from tcon to the lcd panels and 4 blinking light continues but when i disconnect the right side last connector, it starts to blink 5 times instead of 4. - does this mean is this where the error code is being generated ? or tcon board faulty as well ?

when trying to mask(put a tape on the cable) clk signals from the last cable( this is where clk signals are mentioned on the tcon board, i still get the 4 blink except if i block last few pins, i get 5 blink error - does this mean left side screen led has problem ?

anyone has voltage map for the tcon board(le650aqp-ama2-y31) or service manual or where i can find one ?

any instructions on how to remove the LED panel.. there seems to be screw from the back side to hold the ld board in the front. but no way to see the LD board connecting to tcon board.

bl_err cable receives 3.5v after powering on and then i see the 4 blink light(red) so the grounding the bl_err doesnt work for this OLED TV.

ref: same tcon as seen in here..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHjJpT77jpY but dosnt seem to be the same problem.

Comment

This is for Andrew. I have the ir board and ribbons you need. My contact email benjamorenos@hotmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                  X