Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS K55VM - REV 2.0 Possible CPU dead ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS K55VM - REV 2.0 Possible CPU dead ??

Hello there,

I am missing the +VGFX_CORE ,, or basically when the CPU is in I got short on +VGFX_CORE, no voltage whatsoever.

I can turn on the motherboard but black screen, CPU is heating up, no fan spinning, caps lock not reacting, I have tried different BIOS but still the same. When I remove the processor and I turn on the motherboard I can measure the +VGFX_CORE. I am only missing the +VGFX_CORE.

5v / 3.3v ,,, ram 1.5V, Vcore all present.

When I place the CPU back without powering the MB I got short on +VGFX_CORE. Is the CPU fried ?? Thank You for any replies ...

Re: ASUS K55VM - REV 2.0 Possible CPU dead ??

Update #1

I was just checking some voltages around the BIOS Chip and then suddenly the cpu cooler start working but in a loop, on and off ... full speed. Still no post. VGFX_CORE still missing ...

Comment

Re: ASUS K55VM - REV 2.0 Possible CPU dead ??

Update #2

I have find out when checking the BIOS voltage,, especially PIN 6 ... sometimes the board will turn off when I touch it with the probe or the fan will turn on in the loop. Looking into Boardview ... fan pwm, LEDs are controlled with super IO. Could it be that super IO is the cause? SIO is not hot ... BIOS was already reprogrammed with different files but same story. No post ...

SuperIO and Bios chip is on its way ...
      Last edited by matusiq; 01-22-2021, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X