Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bosten Power Sonata 5300 ( 14 ) of them with a Black-Web battery pack module Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosten Power Sonata 5300 ( 14 ) of them with a Black-Web battery pack module Mod

I have wanted to do this project for over a year now but I had to prove that the concept would work correctly

The problem with this Black-Web battery pack was the running time on this battery pack sucked but for the fact that it is one of a few battery packs that I have that would deliver 2 amps to my tablet when charging this is only reason for doing this project ( most battery packs would be lucky to put out 1.5 amp )

I am using 7 batteries in parallel in one battery bank with two battery banks in series for a total of 14 batteries

( This Black-Web battery power module uses 8.4 volts for the module to work )

I took a case that Bosten Power Sonata 5300 battery case that battery came in took out the BMS balancing protection board out of it

It comes with 15 batteries but because of way my setup is I had to remove one of the batteries so both side would be balanced

I have calculated that the amp hours of this battery pack is about or a little bit over 35 amp hours

Cutting the battery case so that the battery power module would fit took so doing but it came out better than I expected it to I am very pleased with the results of how this project came out

The only down side of this type of high capacity battery bank is how long it going to take to charge it up
    I have estimated that it might take 2 days to fully charged because it been on charge for about an hour and the percentage of started 48% and it still shows 48% ( the charging current is 1.85 )

I have another project with the same exact battery pack case but to power my modified Disordering Gun project that has been on hold for ever it seems like because I did not have a way to power supply battery case that I could use for this project until now ( have to decide if I am going to run this unit on 16 volts or 20 volts if I going to decide on 16 volts I have to buy a BMS balancing protection board for 16 volts because I do not have one in this flavor
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-11-2020, 03:11 PM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Re: Bosten Power Sonata 5300 ( 14 ) of them with a Black-Web battery pack module Mod

Update

The battery pack charged over night and now it is at 97% but I have had to reboot the battery pack module several times because it shows 100% but it still charging and it reset the percentage counter to a lower value and the charging current has also fallen quite a bit from 1.85 amps to 800 milliamperes but still charging

I want to show 100% when it is finished charging and not before
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-12-2020, 02:56 PM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

Comment

Re: Bosten Power Sonata 5300 ( 14 ) of them with a Black-Web battery pack module Mod

Update

It finally finished changing late this afternoon
      I am charging my iPad generation 8 I start charging the tablet when it had 22% on it
      Now it has 75 % charge

The battery pack that I put together shows 65% remaining charge left
      From the looks of it I would probably could charge it twice doing it this way

I would have like to have seen three times but it does charging fairly fast and has enough power to charge and use the tablet at the same time if I want to use this way
      Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-12-2020, 07:48 PM.
      9 PC LCD Monitor
      6 LCD Flat Screen TV
      1 Dell Mother Board
      15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Update

I have run into is an issue with the percentage counter on this Black-Web battery pack module when it hits 14 amp hours it hits the limit of this counter because on the data plate it 70 watt hours that it limit

Because the display has been showing “01” for last 6 hours

I will probably put a volt meter module in this case so I can estimate the running that is still left

This came about because of charging my iPad and what the results that it was showing me
        I googled to find out what amp hour battery was used in this tablet and the math did not add up

So I decided to do a running test on the USB tester that uses the same software that my other battery tester uses

So my suspicion were correct that the counter was not designed to work on battery capacity more than what the pack made for ( it not measuring the voltage it sensing the current used )
        Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-14-2020, 07:56 AM.
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Update

Well the battery pack ran for 31 hours @ 1.5 amp load ( amp hours 46.58 ) until the battery pack module turned off

I am very pleased with the results of this test

As you can see in the photo below the results of the load test on this battery pack

Please do not pay attention to the meter screen on very bottom right hand side of this picture because I running another test while it is charging
          Attached Files
          9 PC LCD Monitor
          6 LCD Flat Screen TV
          1 Dell Mother Board
          15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Update about the Black-Web battery pack module controller

Apparently this device can learn what battery size ( milliamperes hour wise ) because when I ran the battery pack down to “0” ( and the battery power pack shut off ) percent state of charge now when it charging the percentage counter is more in line of what the battery pack that I have hooked to it ( not exactly what I think it should but it a hell of a lot closer than it was when I started this project )

Which if this is the case this would be great because I really did not want to have to use a external meter module for this purpose

Because when this battery pack gets fully charged again I am going to do the same exact test I did before on my iPad and see what the percentage meter counter shows me this time scene I know what the a amp hour rating of this battery pack is

I hope that these testing results have interested any user of this forum if so could you please reply to this post thanks
            Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-16-2020, 11:52 AM.
            9 PC LCD Monitor
            6 LCD Flat Screen TV
            1 Dell Mother Board
            15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Well another update

But this battery pack controller module is a strange one

When discharging the battery the percentage counter is way off but if the battery is completely discharge it shows the correct percentage of charging value which is something I totally do not understand why this is the case

The battery testing machine results are very close to each other in amp hours for charging and discharging

I use the same exact charging and discharging current values and the same battery testing machine but the results are different ( on the percentage counter output display )

Is there anyone that understands this nonsense because I surely do not understand this
              It is basically 50% off of what it should show
              Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 12-25-2020, 04:13 PM.
              9 PC LCD Monitor
              6 LCD Flat Screen TV
              1 Dell Mother Board
              15 Computer Power Supply

Comment

Working...
              X