Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: CH341a - Questions

Originally posted by stj View Post
    read the chip, then use the verify option - do it atleast 5 times.
    that will tell if it's reading o.k. - if not then it's probably a bad connection to the chip or adapter.
    Tanks for quick response, what i mean is that i was able to backup my bios bin before earasing and writing another bios i downloaded from the internet, but programming the verification faied which so that the bin mismartch with the bios. after that, i try to rewrite my backup bin but the verification still doesnt march . pls friends i need ur assistance cos my laptop is brink

Comment

did you desolder the chip, or use a clip?

Comment

did you desolder the chip, or use a clip?
        i desolderd the chip

Comment

and how many times did you read it - more than once i hope!
          i think you need to start with a new chip - then we can see if the programmer is good.
          btw, are you using a socket, or soldering the chip to a header every time?

Comment

thanks for reply, am scared its not my programmer cos i have to write another hp 655 bios which as also result to death of the pc. i have a black ch341a programmer pls help me out

Comment

well lets find out.
              get a chip, and erase it.
              then verify that it's erased.
              then fill it with something - anything.
              then verify it.

then repeat a few times.

now a quick lesson for everybody - and i mean everybody.

when you dump a chip, dump it atleast 3 times.
              and if it's using a socket, take it out and put it back between each read.
              then compare the files - if they dont match you have a bad dump - and a problem.

a simple way to compare files is to use a checksum program.
              https://github.com/sunjw/fhash

just to add, the bigest problem with dumping/programming is a poor connection between the chip and programmer.
              Last edited by stj; 01-03-2018, 02:16 PM.

Comment

(...)then compare the files - if they dont match you have a bad dump - and a problem. (...)
                Recently I've experienced several annoying setbacks using the ‘CH341a - Black Edition' reading S25FL128:
                - It simply refused to give consistent dump results!
                After excluding several causes it came to my attention I had to doubt the programmer software.
                Turns out that the version I was using, v1.30 (and version v1.29) was the problem.
                Falling back to version v1.27 solve the problem (consecutive dumps were consistent and later dump contents were verified to be right).

Comment

i wouldnt know, i use 1.18
                  the hardware is now supported by "flashrom" btw,
                  so there is a total of 3 different softwares to use.
                  https://www.flashrom.org/Flashrom

Comment

Originally posted by sadecebel View Post
                    I tried to uptade the driver from chosen location, windows said that this driver not used for this device and I try old device modul from device manager to install the driver therefore windows says this driver can not suitable for amd64 driver I try all version of driver and/or all versiyon program packet (until version 1.31) nothing change ...
                    hi sadecebel, did you manage to solve the problem? same issue here

Comment

the hardware is now supported by "flashrom" btw,
                      so there is a total of 3 different softwares to use.
                      https://www.flashrom.org/Flashrom
                      Thanks, i was unaware

Comment

well lets find out.
                        get a chip, and erase it.
                        then verify that it's erased.
                        then fill it with something - anything.
                        then verify it.

then repeat a few times.

now a quick lesson for everybody - and i mean everybody.

when you dump a chip, dump it atleast 3 times.
                        and if it's using a socket, take it out and put it back between each read.
                        then compare the files - if they dont match you have a bad dump - and a problem.i dont want to risk another bios which of d progammer more reliabl the give accurate result?

a simple way to compare files is to use a checksum program.
                        https://github.com/sunjw/fhash

just to add, the bigest problem with dumping/programming is a poor connection between the chip and programmer.
                        i dont want to risk another bios which of d progammer more reliabl the give accurate result?

Comment

HI. can anyone help me i bought a CH341 and a test clip with it. my laptop HP 840 G3 has bios password which I wanted to remove. first of all the clip wasn't actually fitting on the chip because the clip was large. so i cut it a little and sometimes the clip fitted perfectly but there was no light in at power led. i tried running it through ASprogrammer but it shows an error like FFFFFF(Unkown) something like that. can anyone help me what should i do right? is the clip not fitting perfectly or there is another problem> Thanks

Comment

For the correct reading of the dump, you need to desolder the flash and read it separately into non-circuits.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                              For the correct reading of the dump, you need to desolder the flash and read it separately into non-circuits.
                              Thanks. appreciate your advice. but that was not the point I didn't want to desolder the bios chip but now it seems like this is the only solution. I am initially scared to do that and don't even know how to do it. so now I am just gonna take it to a shop and get the password removed. Again thanks for the help!

Comment

The ic you are trying to read is not isolated from the rest of the circuit, when you are powering the memory chip with the clip from the programmer you are also powering (or trying to), everything else connected to the ic's vcc such as the microprocessor, any memory etc. The usb programmer can't supply the current and if it did the microprocessor would likely interfere with any reading
                                Last edited by R_J; 03-28-2023, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                                  The ic you are trying to read is not isolated from the rest of the circuit, when you are powering the memory chip with the clip from the programmer you are also powering (or trying to), everything else connected to the ic's vcc such as the microprocessor, any memory etc. The usb programmer can't supply the current and if it did the microprocessor would likely interfere with any reading

Sorry for asking too many questions. so you are saying that my only option is to desolder the chip and then read the ic? btw thanks for helping
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by Haris27; 03-28-2023, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Haris27 View Post
                                    Sorry for asking too many questions. so you are saying that my only option is to desolder the chip and then read the ic? btw thanks for helping
                                    Youve been using a SOP8 clip with a WSON8 chip, it is the wrong adapter to use .You can solder wires to the gold pads ,then to the programmer adapter, or cut the clip off and use those wires

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                                      Youve been using a SOP8 clip with a WSON8 chip, it is the wrong adapter to use .You can solder wires to the gold pads ,then to the programmer adapter, or cut the clip off and use those wires

Thank you so much. man, I thought that maybe I was using the wrong clip because It wasn't fitting the chip lol.
                                      thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post

So let me understand completely. Basically, you are saying that cut the wires from here and solder them onto the gold pads and then use the rest of the programmer as it is right?
                                        Really appreciate your help!
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Haris27 View Post
                                          So let me understand completely. Basically, you are saying that cut the wires from here and solder them onto the gold pads and then use the rest of the programmer as it is right?
                                          Really appreciate your help!
                                          yes

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?p=1075236
                                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ads#post938122
                                          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ds#post1141917

Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-29-2023, 01:48 AM.
                                          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
                                          X