Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ECS motherboards

who else do they make motherboards for?
    Last edited by Emacs; 12-07-2006, 05:54 PM.

Re: ECS motherboards

ECS is PCChips, Amptron, Mercury, Kobian, (etc.) and many low-end Micro ATX boards.

They've probably taken someone over that I don't know about, too.
    You know there's something wrong when you open up a PSU and are glad to find Teapos.
    Why I don't buy cheap cases!

Comment

ECS also integrates systems for Fry's Electronics, using the "Great Quality" name.
      PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
      To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

can you guys get to this post?

http://www.socketaplus.com/phpbb/vie...=va20&start=15

big cross reference post on page 2
        Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

So ECS is pretty much low end quality compaired to the other motherboard manufacturers?

Comment

ECS makes a cheap product, but they sell it for a cheap price. I've used several ECS boards in some "on-the-cheap" builds, and have almost always been happy with them. One suggestion is to replace the caps early on to prevent headaches down the road.
            Ludicrous gibs!

Comment

I'm using an ECS board right now. I only paid 16.99 USD including shipping from Newegg!

Comment

old socket a ecs board was my fave, whenever i built system for friends with very low budget, they will be happy with that ecs i reccomended. i love chipset sis740 and 735. i never reccomend ecs+via chipset though.

like dood said, it is adivised to check the mobo for failing caps after 1-2 year. once it is recapped it will back to its best performance. what best is recapping it early and need not to worry later/forever..

i still think g-luxon and ost caps they used are craps. not if, it's a fact. ecs is also known for making false advertising with their onboard amd proc. well i dont know about the current ecs board (a64/intel chipset) coz no way i will buy ecs board again. (i think it's more a personal problem between me and ecs company )

days are so short when you actually do something..

Comment

The fact is that G-Luxon and OST is still much better than complete crap like Chhsi or GSC which are often present on expensive boards. So with ECS, you get what you paid for which is not true for some other manufacturers.

Comment

Originally posted by Emacs
                    So ECS is pretty much low end quality compaired to the other motherboard manufacturers?
                    I'd say they build to their customers BOM, they make boards for all different manufacturers as their OEM, Look at the Abit VA20... it's an ECS KM400 board, the bios is even interchangeable.

They also own a portion of AMP, so if you see connectors on a "high end" mainboard, they are using a product owned by ECS...

More arms than an octopus!
                    Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

Working...
                    X