This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello , my name ignazio are Italian , as a child I was fond of electronics, then I started working as a technician in a laboratory , where they repaired everything related to electronics, now I like to repair laptops , and that's why I decided to join the forum , I hope we can go d accordoe that my collaboration can help everyone.

Comment

Hello Everyone...
      My name is Anthony, Tony to my good friends.
      I've been interested in Electronics when I discovered sticking wires in wall receptacles makes for a great light show. (Please don't do this!)
      I've worked as a hardware engineer for a three letter computer mainframe manufacturer, system architect, programmer and network engineer for a large bank in NYC. And now have my own shop building custom embedded microprocessor based devices and saving our landfills by repairing consumer electronics.
      I find forums a great place to learn and to share best practices. Thank you for the opportunity to share. Best regards, Anthony

Comment

Hello. Grew up fixing computers but mostly just swapping out the hardware. Now I would like to further learn to repair some components to make repairs more cost efficient.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hi. Trying to figure out how to fix a dead Panasonic plasma.

Comment

My nick is axie, I am technical in electronics. I have exercised my activity on a permanent basis until a few years ago when I have retired.
              I have the desire to learn and if possible, convey some knowledge.
              My respectful greetings to the whole community of the Forum Badcaps

Comment

Hello! My name is Aaron Hoback and I am troubleshooting 32AV502R Toshiba LCD, happy to be a part of badcaps.net!

Comment

Hello!
                  I'm just a newbie who want to built a new desktop PC but confuse about finding a good PSU. This forum provide a great information about critical component of PSU (also another electronic part) : capacitor..

Comment

hi everyone,,,
                    it seems this is my first time in this furom, I say thank you cause i learn a lot and hope I've improve my skills in this lovely furom.... <3

Comment

Hello, my name is Dwight and I am someone who tries to fix things myself when I can. My first computer was a TRS80 model 1, still have it in a box in the attic. No electronics background, just wanting to learn.

Comment

Hello

Comment

My name is George I am a young systems admin just interested in electronics and looking for a helpful forum to assist me in DIY repairs

Comment

Hello.

Comment

hi, just saw some useful info on this forum, thought i might post up my issue. Got myself an old crt hdtv that blew up a week ago. Not ready to give up on it yet, so i find myself looking at what looks like some blown inductors (not caps). Can't figure out what it is, and doesn't match anything online. So thought I'd give it a go here in this forum for someone to puzzle over!

Comment

Hi to you all.

Thanks for letting me join your forum.

I have come and browsed over the years and decided to now join in.

Comment

Hi, just looking for help on my old Samsung TV.

Comment

Hi, new member here. Trying to look for help repairing my Mitsubishi LCD HDTV with lcd lines and ghosting problems

Comment

Greeting fellow enthusiasts - seems i am coming full circle. Getting into TV and possibly computer board level repair. Working with PC's since 1986 and Mac's for the last 5 years but got my feet wet with my grandfather back in late sixties building Heath Kits and my first TV. He and i went to the electronics store (tv repair place, i don't recall) and picked up a schematic for my little 12" TV. Rudy, my grandfather, was a mechanical engineer and loved the process of troubleshooting problem. He and i work on fixing the TV for several weeks on the weekends. Finally, after going through most or all the components, we came the power switch. Sure enough, that was the fault. The original problem was it would not turn on....but we got lost in searching out tubes and what not......

Comment

HI ,my name is sunshinetec .i joined about a year ago but never used the cite much,but i just started aTV BUSINESS.I WORKED in the electronic field for 35 years,i work for a major company for 20 add years fixing tv and vcr.I ALSO WORK ON COMPUTERS.the bad caps forum is very informative,i have a buddy that always tell me to check out bad caps when i am having any tv problem but i was always hesitant to do so until now.

Comment

Hi there, my name is Cory, I am 27, from missouri.

My history with electronics is mainly with computers, I like to build them and fix them. I am self taught on everything I know and so far has paid off.

I currently work as a field technician for Time Warner Cable, although it's not as technical as I would like.

I recently repaired some bad caps on a tv via this forum and decided that the more in depth troubleshooting and repair is my cup of tea. Although I am a complete noob at troubleshooting caps right now I hope this forum can help.

Wish me luck!

-Urfav
                                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                          X