Multi 110v outlets, individual timed control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi 110v outlets, individual timed control

I'm wanting to control on and off timing to 4 110v outlets for outdoor Christmas light strings. Probably have 1 outlet on for about 30 seconds or maybe a minute, then switch off and repeat in sequence to another for the same amount of time, each independently, not to have more than 1 on at a time. I've looked some on the internet and searched some here on BCN with no luck, anyone heard of such a timer?
    From my favoritest movie ever!:
    Cledus Snow: Can I ask you a question?
    Bo Darville: Sure, ask me what?
    Cleedus: What the Hell do we want to go to Texas for and haul beer back here? What is that?
    Bo: For the good old American life. For the money, the glory, and the fun. Mostly for the money.

Re: Multi 110v outlets, individual timed control

Originally posted by Poor Flick View Post
    each independently, not to have more than 1 on at a time.
    You can't have independent and "NOT" gated at the same time...

So you are looking for sequential timing?

EG: socket X on for 30 seconds, then turns off and socket X+1 switches on for 30 seconds, etc, repeat?
    Last edited by goontron; 11-24-2018, 10:29 AM.
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Put this into google " 4 channel christmas light controller " or " 4 Channel Chase Controller " they make 4,6,8 etc. channel ones

There is an ic that can do it, UTC 8156, just add a few more parts. There is also the ELM711 ic that could be used.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by R_J; 11-24-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

solid-state relays and an arduino or 4017 and 555 circuit.

or go oldschool and find an old camswitch - that's how it used to be done.

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
          You can't have independent and "NOT" gated at the same time...

So you are looking for sequential timing?

EG: socket X on for 30 seconds, then turns off and socket X+1 switches on for 30 seconds, etc, repeat?
          Thanks Goontron, I’d want X to come on for about 30 seconds or so, then shut off and the next socket Y would do the same, and continue for a total of 4 sockets.
          Last edited by Poor Flick; 11-24-2018, 11:29 AM.
          Cleedus: What the Hell do we want to go to Texas for and haul beer back here? What is that?
          Bo: For the good old American life. For the money, the glory, and the fun. Mostly for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
            Put this into google " 4 channel christmas light controller " or " 4 Channel Chase Controller " they make 4,6,8 etc. channel ones

There is an ic that can do it, UTC 8156, just add a few more parts. There is also the ELM711 ic that could be used.
            Originally posted by stj View Post
            solid-state relays and an arduino or 4017 and 555 circuit.

or go oldschool and find an old camswitch - that's how it used to be done.

Appreciate it guys, the search advice really helped! I’m thinking I’m on the right track now with this or something similar:

https://www.goknight.com/Chauvet-dj-dmx-4/
            Last edited by Poor Flick; 11-24-2018, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X