Jetway K8M8MS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jetway K8M8MS

I rescued a motherboard from the trash (no ram, CPU...)

Two caps were obviously bad ( 1500 µf 6.3V)

I managed to remove the nasty ones, and new ones were welded back (taller but worked)

the new ones are 1650 µf 16 V, only had those available.

Working great now.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bibilit; 05-20-2013, 06:04 AM.

Re: Jetway K8M8MS

That board has more crap caps.
    Those silver caps look like Sacon.
    I also see a f-ju near the ATX connector.

Comment

Sorry to ask, but what
      f-ju near the ATX connector
      a f-ju is ?

Will have a look at those silver caps.
      Last edited by bibilit; 05-20-2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Those silver caps are junk. The replacements you used aren't suitable for motherboards, and they're poor quality as well (just as bad as the originals).

Comment

Originally posted by bibilit View Post
          Sorry to ask, but what a f-ju is ?
          that black cap next to the ATX connector with hard to spell brand name.
          they're junk too.

Comment

You recapped with Fuhjyyu? Noooooooooo
            I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Nice job saving it! But even if they weren't Fuhjyyu they wouldn't be suitable, that's a General Purpose cap (TN series). And yeah those silver caps are Sacon...
              Last edited by Pentium4; 05-20-2013, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Rule of thumb for Jetway motherboards - recap every single frickin' cap on there! Although Jetway motherboards are quite alright IMO, I really don't understand why they always use those crappy GSC/Sacon/Evercon/Gloria caps (all 4 are actually made by the same company). These caps are beyond junk!

Originally posted by bibilit View Post
                The new ones are 1650 µf 16 V, only had those available.
                Ah, good old Fuhjyyu's out of an Antec PSU, aren't they?
                Could tell even without seeing your pictures. Fuhjyyu is the only brand I have seen to offer capacitors rated for 1650 uF.

Yeah, like the others said, you'll probably want to get those replaced as well. Not only are they not suitable but they aren't very good quality either. Sooner or later (likely sooner), you'll be back at recapping this motherboard. If I were you, I wouldn't delay it. I have 2 pieces of computer equipment here killed by crappy caps. Not fun to fix.

Comment

It was just a quick fix, mainly to troubleshoot the board.

the board was rescued from the trash as explained earlier,and i didn't want to spend money without being a 100% sure of the diag.

Comment

I hear ya. I too have a bag of old but still okay capacitors that I use to test junk hardware before I recap it with good stuff.
                    Forgot to say, congrats on the fix .

Comment

Working...
                    X