LG 60PA6500 - Pixelated garbage vertical lines only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 60PA6500 - Pixelated garbage vertical lines only

Thank you for the recommendations Biruslapio. I'll see if I have time to get to the tests this week. My daughter and son-in-law just had their first baby Monday and will be moving into our place next week so my wife can help out. Therefore I have the 'to-do' list before they get here.

I think I've got an old extension cord with the ground broken off that I can create a floating ground with. I'm no electrician or EE, but isn't that the general idea, to remove ground and leave hot+neutral?

Comment

The floating ground is on the buffers, it's on the larger pads and acts like a ground for the YDRV voltages, since you had perfect image before the Y-buffers aren't the main suspect, better to make sure the logic board is working, otherwise no signal will be sent to Y and Z boards, since you hear no humming.

Comment

To close out the story of my TV, it's now been e-cycled. About a week after my last update, one of my friends (former neighbor for years) showed up with a 65" TCL Roku TV because she heard our TV quit. Over the years I've helped her out with car maintenance and repair. She's been a really good friend to my sister-in-law. She just wanted to thank us for being good friends. I wasn't the LG OLED I was going to buy a day later, but as a gift from a dear friend it's hanging on the wall instead of my dead plasma.

I suspect the Z-board died since something went 'pop' on it during my testing. Other components such as the buffer boards may have had issues but I didn't get that far. At that point I unplugged the power and decided to replace it.

Comment

Working...
        X