P5PE-VM question ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: P5PE-VM question ?

always some cap(680 4v)have a problem(changing capacity) .it make effective to cpu CLK and u have not any code in debugger . other problems is as i said in past topic(disconnecting North bridge)

Comment

do you think it's a disconnecting join (dry join) / cracked ball in northbridge bga pin and filter capacitor on Northbridge...??
      Last edited by bianchi77; 09-09-2016, 07:51 AM.

Comment

I've taken out one of 1000uF / 16V on the Vcore area and the Z value is -189.8mOhm - j56.87 mOhm at 200KHz, and on DC the value is 1021 uF...
        Zc = 1/(2*Pi*f*C) = 1/(w*f*C)
        Last edited by bianchi77; 09-09-2016, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bianchi77 View Post
          do you think it's a disconnecting join (dry join) / cracked ball in northbridge bga pin and filter capacitor on Northbridge...??
          filter capacitor near cpu socket (680 micro 4V) Or disconnecting northbridge ball

Comment

another question, if the caps are bad, how come I still get a good value Vcore voltage ?

Comment

I see what you mean...the small capacitors near CPU socket...the short ones...

Comment

another question, if the caps are bad, how come I still get a good value Vcore voltage ?
                bad cap means : the cap is filter for Ac noise(come from power supply) and this noise mix with cpu CLK puls So motherboard dont boot.
                Last edited by boyebaran; 09-09-2016, 09:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boyebaran View Post
                  bad cap means : the cap is filter for Ac noise(come from power supply) and this noise mix with cpu CLK So motherboard dont boot.
                  sorry bad English.....you can hit a little (680micro)by hitter and see what happen.
                  Last edited by boyebaran; 09-09-2016, 09:15 AM.

Comment

I can understand what you mean, that's ok for your english...
                    Yup bad caps will give a bad filtering and interfering CPU clock....make sense...
                    That's why I got no clock....I'll try with the caps I have for mobo...because currently I don't have this kind of caps on my hand....
                    I can do experiment with 1800uF/16V for mobo caps and see what's the response while I'm waiting for the proper caps coming after order..
                    Last edited by bianchi77; 09-09-2016, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Those capacitors , please have a look on the photo, cheers
                      Attached Files

Comment

I've changed all the 6 capacitors 820uF/4V with 1800uF/16V....still no response...0000...
                        I've tried push northbridge a little bit then turn on...no luck...
                        I reckon my clock generator chip is not working properly....no clock 0000....

Comment

It was long beep, short beep, short beep....time when I changed the crystal...but when I shut it off...it's showing 0000 again in POST diagnostic...
                          I tried pushing abit on southbridge chip and it's showing D3D3 on post diagnostic....
                          I guess I got bad join on southbound...

Reflow do you reckon ?
                          i think your problem is near Southbridge .because just you get beep in this step.
                          please pushing on south bridge and hold for a moment (before pushing please hit a little on chip)
                          Last edited by boyebaran; 09-10-2016, 10:11 AM.

Comment

do you think there is a crack ball on south bridge ? I tried reflowing it but...still no response...it could be faulty....
                            may be I need to reball it....

Comment

What's the normal voltage supply for southbridge ? is it 3.3V or 1.8 V...
                              it didn't warm up at all when power on...
                              I suspect there's no clock ( clock generator fail) or southbridge fail...( reball or change the chip )...or change the clock generator chip...
                              northbridge and CPU are warm up when power on....

Comment

There's 1 diode on the bottom corner of soutbridge and it doesn't give a good result on in circuit test...1K forward bias, 2K reverse bias on resistance....0.1V forward bias 0.6V reverse bias on diode test
                                I'll take it out later on for off circuit test....and see what happened..
                                the code is SS14
                                Datasheet for 82801
                                https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...90a18942dc.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by boyebaran View Post
                                  i think your problem is near Southbridge .because just you get beep in this step.
                                  please pushing on south bridge and hold for a moment (before pushing please hit a little on chip)
                                  can it be the diode near to it ?

Comment

What's the normal voltage supply for southbridge ? is it 3.3V or 1.8 V...
                                    it didn't warm up at all when power on...
                                    I suspect there's no clock ( clock generator fail) or southbridge fail...( reball or change the chip )...or change the clock generator chip...
                                    northbridge and CPU are warm up when power on....
                                    1.5-1.8 is normal voltage power supplay for southbridge.
                                    do you have this voltage on southbridge?how about voltage on crystal near bridge?

Comment

do you have this voltage on southbridge?
                                      Which FET do you talk about ?
                                      There is one pair near by southbridge....
                                      I saw it, it was 3.2V...

I'll have a look again...

Comment

I can not get a right voltage for DDR...it's 3.2V normally it's 1.8V...
                                        I reckon my CLK865J02FLF is faulty....

Comment

I've replaced CLK865J02FLF with the new one...it's turned on a while....boot...but
                                          one of the inductor near that chip was burned, I've swapped with the new one now it's not responding on boot only turn on and turn off...
                                          what else can it be ???

Comment

Working...
                                          X