• Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone
    Greetings from Belgium; Hoping to learn something from all of you

Comment

Hello!
      I want to repair my daughter's ASUS laptop. Have boardview, need schematics, or at least the component specs that I need to replace. Will post in ther relevant section
      Serge from NY/USA

Comment

Hi all,

I'm Warren and one of my all time favourite hobbies is bring things that other people have deemed 'dead' back to life (of the electronic form mainly!). In my line of work I come across all kinds of weird and wonderful things but the most common has to be laptops and tablets. I can repair most things within reason however I am struggling with BIOS passwords and that's how I found this forum. I want to learn more about different manufacturers methods and the ways to remove the passwords entirely, thus enabling re-use instead of disposal of them. I don't do it for earning money, purely for the enjoyment and feeling of satisfaction that I managed to do it. I started off with 'all the gear and no idea' but I think I'm slowly getting there.

I love Johnny 5 (Short Circuit) and I purchased a 3D printer so I could finally have my own miniature one. I now have one from old car parts, one from a kit form which was sold online about 10 years ago and my 3D printed creation which looks amazing.

Oh and on a completely different note I'm currently halfway through refurbishing our pine coffee table at home, it's looking great!

I hope that's a good enough introduction!

Comment

Intro post. Just getting into this hobby, total noob, but having fun and looking for a helpful place, hope this is it!

Comment

A warm hello from Glasgow, although today outside its 12C and pouring rain lol. I will pass on my many thanks on the posts I followed to repair a Viewsonic VX2835 computer screen. 2 capacitors replaced at a cost of £20 (included cost of solder and flux) and the screen is back working. saving more than £200 on buying a new screen!!

Comment

Not kind of a very social person, but hey. I am literally the dumbest here, please don't be too harsh.

Comment

Ok, I need to try better.
                Just call me Cen or anything, I wanted to repair my own laptop since I don't have money to buy the new one. And I might have something to share later, hopefully.

Comment

Hi All! Grant here.
                  Looking to some personal repairs for fun and for cheap. Also looking to cobble some spare boards, lcds, keyboards together when possible.

Comment

I am happy to be part of this well-known Technical support KUDOS to our Admins thanks a lot to accepting me. I am a Repair Technician in Semiconductor Company responsible for repairing of different kinds of Power supplies, Servo boards, Test boards, LED,LCD monitors, PC motherboards, and laptops. I want to explore my technical knowledge at the same time I want share my experience.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello, i'm new on this forum, i own a repair shop and i am looking for tips and help
                        Thank you

Comment

thanks

Comment

merci bcp

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Hello everybody
                                i'm just sighed up to get help

Comment

Good afternoon, I am from Panama my name is Grimaldo, at your service I seek to learn a lot about programming bios on motherboards, greetings to all thanks for your welcome.

Comment

Hi, name is Mitchell, from gladewater TX. I'm into small level stereo and amplifier repair, I'm still learning and need access to info and possible input from others. Hope this site is what I'm looking for

Comment

Kso, my name is bdutty and I like fixing things...anything really. I specialize in computers software/hardware, laptops/desktops but also pretty much anything electronic. I can fix anything except relationships...I understand electronics, not women! I also have a degree in RTF (radio,tv,and film) so I'm a professional camera man and been filming the Austin Spurs basketball broadcast for 10 years among other things in the Austin area. My professional career has all but disappeared now, along with my wife, kids, house, car...etc. Now I just float around other people's houses fixing there stuff, or hacking things for them, or teaching them whatever they want to know. That's all I do. Everyday all day, learn, fix, teach. Anyway, I'm hoping this forum will help me fix a broken Samsung led TV, model UN46ES6100F. Although i think I've already figured out it needs a new power supply board cuz the voltage on all the power leads are all over the place even when both the main board and the backlights are unplugged.When i unplugged the just the main board the backlights start blinking on and off which worries me cuz i don't want to have to replace those. Well, I hope this site can help me more in the future, I'm gonna try to open a repair business so I can contribute to life and stuff. Dueces!

Comment

Marcos, 34 years old, Bahia - Brazil.
                                        Hello, I'm a computer technician. I am new to electronics and I intend to learn and share.

Comment

Hello friendly repair fiends. I am an electronics and computer engineering student in the wonderfully humid Midwestern United States. I go by many names, but my preferred internet name is lightingnerd, as I discovered a passion for live entertainment technology when I bridged the gap of my science and art personalities from the confines of the lighting and sound booth in my High School theatre.

Considering my major, and my prior soldering skills, I have begun to repair my own devices. I am but a wee lad in my thirties, and I have come here hoping for some amount of adult supervision and or guidance, and as I progress through my studies I hope to also be of some assistance.

Comment

Working...
                                          X