This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Tom from Pittsburgh, PA here. A dim microwave display is what brought me here. I've had success replacing caps on a computer monitor and a TV in the past, so I'm hoping to get the microwave fixed. After that, I also have an old Bose Wave radio with a very dim
    display.

Looking forward to learning some things from the knowledge base here!

Comment

Hello to all !
      Teo from Romania here ! Searching for "macbook pro 13 inch a1278 820-2879 Bios dump " brought me here !
      Thanks for the great forum!

Comment

Hello folks,Name here is Terry.I am a Video Game tech.Long live Pac-Man

Comment

Hello. My name is Roger from Phoenix, AZ. Was am avionics technician in the AF 20 years ago. Worked in the Component Repair Squadron fixing tube amps, servos, controls. Looking to repair my Samsung PDP that just went tango uniform.

Comment

Hello All,

I am new to fixing flat panel TVs. I have have had 2 successes so far, a 24 Inch Toshiba that had a broken coax connector but otherwise worked fine. (replaced main board vs the tuner only, as replacement tuners were reworked in some way) and a Westinghouse 38" with a wont turn on after being shut off issue. I expected it to be the PS but was the main board, might have been the EEPROM as many were for sale for this main board (replaced the main board and works like a champ, found 1 of 2 known to be in existence!) I am now working on my 3rd a 47" LG with sound but no image, back light work fine. I will start a new thread once my newbie status is lifted.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Comment

Mo from Bradford, in the UK. I don't have much experience with TVs, but i have done minor repairs to pcs/laptops/amps and stuff in the past - often through useful guidance from fora such as this. Am looking to try to solve an issue with an LG plasma possibly linked with the Y-Sus board: there is sound but no picture. I've done a search with results pointing to the ysus board... but... will post the full query in relevant forum. great forum!

Comment

New member looking for help with my Samsung Plasma

Comment

Greetings,

I just joined. Name is Todd K. from Houston TX. I am not a TV repairman, but I play one on TV ;oP.

I have had an interest in all things electronic for quite some time. I like to take old broken TVs that friends and neighbors give me and try to fix them. Often times its the bad caps on the PS. I find them by injecting a 100kHz 100mV square wave into them and watching the response on an O-Scope. If the wave collapses, that's a bad cap. This has won me a couple of nice TVs with little or no money.

Thanks for letting me hang out here.

Todd K.

Comment

Just saying hello. Will need some h elp with a samsung plasma shortly!

Comment

Hi
                      new member from the desert.

Comment

obligatory first post, got one that is beyond my art here

Comment

Hello, new member looking for ideas on fixing a Sharp LC-70LE757U.

Comment

Hello hello
                            New member from Ontario,Canada. Experiencing some buzzing noise with samsung un55d6000.

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hi...bad capacitors feed my family! I am grateful for design flaws and lightning!!!

Comment

RE I'm new member here.I hope this forum will verry helpul to my work as service engineer . My nick name is Ivo, Im radio - communication engineer from Varna, Bulgaria , now my job is related in service field of LCD displays and TVsets e.t.c.

Comment

Hi guys)

Comment

Hello everyone. I need dumps bios for acer v5-122p

Comment

Just wanted to say hello and say a little about myself. My name is Aaron and for as long as I can remember I have been a tinkernut. One day my boss asked if I wanted to dead lcd tvs being that I am a fiddler and of course I said yes. Have never even attempted a tv before prior to this but was super excited to learn and read up on it. Thats how it all started for me. Everything I know is self taught and I have lots to learn still. I know enough to get me in trouble yet not enough to know what im talking about. So please understand I am not at the same level as most of you for sure but have a drive to learn more. So for I have just replaced parts but I want to get into fixing the boards. I have alot to learn and hope I can get some guidance from the more experienced here. Just please be patient with me, there is a learning curve to all this. Thanks for reading.

Comment

I would like to say hello. My name is Kim. I am a full time Deputy Sheriff in Florida. I still do electronic repairs in my spare time. I have never lost my passion for electronics.

At present I am looking to repair and upgrade some of my equipment. I was hoping for some help in repairing an OK Industries MTR 5000 Soldering reflow station. Looking for an Operator/Repair manual.

I hope to be able to answer some posts and contribute to this site.

Thank-You for the opportunity to join this sight. Kim

Comment

Working...
                                          X