This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, I am not an expert by any means on lcd tv repairs but have done a lot of work building and repairing computers so I am familiar with circuit boards and care that they need. I would like to participate in the forums, if I have anything of value to submit. Thanks for granting me access to this web site.

Comment

Hello, my name is Luiz and I'm trying to fix my designjet 5500 power supply (DPS-386p-1).

thanks for creating this forum and for all the information.

Comment

hi this is my mandatory first post lol

Comment

New to the forum. Wanting to get and give help. First by seeking help.... ;-) Hints and tips to fix my Sharp LC-52XD1E.

Thx!

Comment

Hello everyone! My name is Martin and I'm from Austria. (Austria is a small country in Central Europe. No kangaroos in Austria )
            I'm working as a software engineer for a semiconductor equipment manufacturer. I've also a basic knowledge in electronics because I attended a college of electronics specializing in technical computer science. Thanks to the members of this forum I was already able to repair my old Toshiba laptop.

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I'm 37 and have worked in the pressure and load transducer industry for 10 years. I'm currently a welder in this line of work I weld the sensors together after they have been guaged. After I build the sensor they are then sent to the shop floor to be tested, tempature compensated, and electrically balanced. Then shipped to the customer. Thanks

Comment

Hey everyone,

I'm coming in here to learn how to fix my tv, as a start of a desire to now fix the failing electrinic arround me. For enviromental and personnal interest reasons. Tks!

Comment

Hi everyone,
                  I found this site by looking on the internet to try and fix my tv. Seems like a lot of very good info on here!!!! I just hate throwing something away if it seems fairly simple to fix lol.

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm John, been in IT for 30+ years, and have always been tinkering and fixifying most anything I can get my hands on. Lately I've been tinkering a lot with Arduino's and the like, which is a blast.

Comment

Hello all. I used the information on this site to successfully repair an LCD that I got from work (they were going to trash it!). I've started gathering other broken LCDs to repair and give to friends and family for their computers.

Comment

Hello, I'm very impressed with the level of help on this board and hope it will aid me with an LG 50PN6500. Thank you!

Comment

hi I am ray, I joined bad caps forum because I need some help on the powersupply of my old dell e197fp lcd monitor. I am not an electronics technician but I know how to replace electronic parts (simple soldering/desoldering only). I have some basic tools DMM and soldering iron but still newbie.

Hope I can fix my dell monitor with your help.

Comment

Hello all!

Like many others I have been plumbing the depths of this site for help with a LG LED TV repair - what a helpful and informative place!

I am a lifelong electronics tinkerer (self taught) and consistently have a hard time resisting the urge to take broken things apart I'm in my late thirties and have always been very mechanically inclined, but I feel like I've never really focused on developing my technical skills further than my next broken computer/appliance/project. Right now I am 'handy' but I'd like to take things to the next level. Also, I admit to getting a bit of a kick out of confounding gender stereotypes - parents, give your daughters tech toys not Barbies!

By day I work in a library here in Florida and assist patrons with their informational needs. By night, the Internet and forums like this help me with *my* informational needs. Thanks for being here!

Comment

Well I have a 2 year tech degree from Keene state college . From there I never really pursued that though. I mostly repair and build personal PCs. However for friends and family I do some small electronic repairs. Found this site very informative and helpful.

Comment

hi I'm slowboy trying to figure this forum out

Comment

trying to fix a Magnavox MS3252S431 TV that turns on [power button light is on] but no picture or sound...can somebody point this newbie in the right direction please

Comment

Hi guys, i'm Vincent from France, i'm joinning your forum because m'y laptop motherboard just come to burn and I will try to repair it but I need your help and will make a new post in the good section... I'm an electronic designer for my job and like to try to repair everything

Comment

Greetings from Tulsa. There's only one as far as I know and things here need repair too. My first members post was for a Akai Pdp4225m that took a while to come on with picture and took longer and longer to do so. Been waiting 3 years to get a close similar problem posted anywhere. Intermittent symptoms are hard, but not impossible. Glad to be a member.

Comment

Hello from Austin, TX. I'm a musician (go figure) and like to dabble in electronics and computers. I don't have any formal training - just love learning and being able to fix things and build things myself. I joined this board to hopefully get instruction on how to fix my LCD TV. Thanks in advance for all the help. What I've read on the board regarding my TV has been great - hasn't solved my problem, but has been very educational and well stated.
                                        Christine

Comment

Greetings from Finland! This forum seems great! I just got me a broken Samsung TV and I thought I would to fix it myself because I'm eager to learn. Let's see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                          X