RTX 2060 6gb Undetected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTX 2060 6gb Undetected

Hello i'm trying to find the problem in my rtx 2060 6gb she stop working and we did not find the problem i have maked some test .
    when gpu star no signal nothing undetected.
    only the fan in the (Right) work.
    Gpu temperature normal i will say 65 degree.
    Nothing burned on the carte graphique.
    she was working normal on a motherboard b250m bazooka , I noticed a low fps after i restart my computer then the motherboard stop working and showing EZ debug DRam and the gup stop working.
    https://youtu.be/yVddDDy98tM
    https://youtu.be/yg9oWcinRmE

Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by flisha26; 05-10-2021, 05:11 PM.

Re: RTX 2060 6gb Undetected

Possibly a VRAM problem. A VRAM problem can cause low FPS, IIRC. Also, looks like a VRAM problem can cause "cache hierarchy error" WHEA errors.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

yes bro i don't care about the motherboard i want repair the graphic card Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by flisha26 View Post
        yes bro i don't care about the motherboard i want repair the graphic card Unhappy
        I was just letting you know that a problem with the card's RAM can make it look like a PC system RAM problem.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
          I was just letting you know that a problem with the card's RAM can make it look like a PC system RAM problem.
          Yes i changed the Ram and the pc is not working dead

Comment

Did you make those videos?

I did not see you check Vcore or Vram - have you checked for those voltages?

It's not a good idea to run a GPU without a heatsink of some sorts, and if you don't mind me mentioning it is a very bad idea to work on electronics repair wearing a heavy metal bracelet!! (by that I mean a heavy bracelet, not the style of music (if music is the correct term for that )
            Follow me on YouTube
            ------------------
            Learn Electronics Repair
            https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

Originally posted by dicky96 View Post
              Did you make those videos?

I did not see you check Vcore or Vram - have you checked for those voltages?

It's not a good idea to run a GPU without a heatsink of some sorts, and if you don't mind me mentioning it is a very bad idea to work on electronics repair wearing a heavy metal bracelet!! (by that I mean a heavy bracelet, not the style of music (if music is the correct term for that )
              yes , i made these videos

Comment

i know there is a point for testing the ram and the gpu and the mosfet and everything but no one help .

Comment

what is the resistant for 5V, 1.8V and 1V line? all voltage line present?

please put the heat sink in the gpu die.. if not it will kill the GPU.

Comment

All those resistors in a line that say TR22 or TP22 on them (it's a bit hard to tell from the pics)

The firs six, from the edge with the pci-e connector, look like they could be on Vcore to the GPU (six phases, so they should all read the same voltage) and the other two look like they could be Vram, two phases.

What voltages do you see there

What is the resistance to ground on Vcore? I expect less that 1 ohm

What is the resistance to ground on Vram? I expect 50-100 ohms, but maybe as low as 30 ohm
                    Follow me on YouTube
                    ------------------
                    Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

Originally posted by gagak_84 View Post
                      what is the resistant for 5V, 1.8V and 1V line? all voltage line present?

please put the heat sink in the gpu die.. if not it will kill the GPU.
                      Yes all Voltage present .
                      yes i will do it next time thanks

Comment

All those resistors in a line that say TR22 or TP22 on them (it's a bit hard to tell from the pics)

The firs six, from the edge with the pci-e connector, look like they could be on Vcore to the GPU (six phases, so they should all read the same voltage) and the other two look like they could be Vram, two phases.

What voltages do you see there

What is the resistance to ground on Vcore? I expect less that 1 ohm

What is the resistance to ground on Vram? I expect 50-100 ohms, but maybe as low as 30 ohm

resistors in a line its TR22 1836

The firs six, from the edge with the pci-e connector, look like they could be on Vcore to the GPU (six phases, so they should all read the same voltage) and the other two look like they could be Vram, two phases
                        *can you mark it in the picture so i can check it

resistance to ground on Vcore? i don't know how i test it.
                        resistance to ground on Vram = 64 ohm

Comment

voltage test
                          Attached Files

Comment

Sorry I meant inductors and typed resistors!

I think there is supposed to be another voltage called 'PEX' which is for the PCIe interface and should be 1V approx.

I'm not sure what that voltage you read of 0.8V is. It seems a little low to me, It's possible this is supposed to be a second 5V rail or a 3.3V rail but I have no experience of this card personally. I may be able to find out for you, if no one else can clarify whether this 0.8V rail is correct or not

It's hard to see on your pics - are there tiny little ceramic capacitors just above the PCIe fingers (possibly on both sides of the card) If there are examine closely with a microscope or similar to see if any are chipped, broken or missing.

I edited your pic to show where to check for Vcore and Vram
                            Attached Files
                            Follow me on YouTube
                            ------------------
                            Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

Sorry I meant inductors and typed resistors!

I think there is supposed to be another voltage called 'PEX' which is for the PCIe interface and should be 1V approx.

I'm not sure what that voltage you read of 0.8V is. It seems a little low to me, It's possible this is supposed to be a second 5V rail or a 3.3V rail but I have no experience of this card personally. I may be able to find out for you, if no one else can clarify whether this 0.8V rail is correct or not

It's hard to see on your pics - are there tiny little ceramic capacitors just above the PCIe fingers (possibly on both sides of the card) If there are examine closely with a microscope or similar to see if any are chipped, broken or missing.

I edited your pic to show where to check for Vcore and Vram

resistance to ground on Vcore? = 0.1 / 0.00
                              resistance to ground on Vram = 63 ohm

Comment

Vram 63 orm looks OK
                                I expected Vcore to be low (under 0.6 ohms) but 0.1 is surprising (though I have no experience with these cards) and 0.00 is a short!

Do you have any voltage on Vram and Vcore when the card is powered on?

I am also a little suspicious of the 0.8V rail but so far have not been able to find out if that is correct
                                Last edited by dicky96; 05-17-2021, 03:09 AM.
                                Follow me on YouTube
                                ------------------
                                Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

Vram 63 orm looks OK
                                  I expected Vcore to be low (under 0.6 ohms) but 0.1 is surprising (though I have no experience with these cards) and 0.00 is a short!

Do you have any voltage on Vram and Vcore when the card is powered on?

I am also a little suspicious of the 0.8V rail but so far have not been able to find out if that is correct

any voltage on Vram and Vcore i will test it .
                                  yes the 6-Vcore are short .
                                  0.8V rail ithink is correct it must be between 0.8v 0.9v 1v
                                  Last edited by flisha26; 05-17-2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

when i start The gpu it shows 1.63v in VRAm and 0.76 in Vcore after 30sec 0V as you see in the video.
                                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tbvj-TlIGs

Comment

Then Vcore is not short if you have 0.76V there, it's just a very low resistance. It looks to me like Vcore and Vram are around the expected values (though as I mentioned i have no experience with these recent series of cards). What is the RAM? GDDR5, GDDR6? That would tell us what the correct Vram voltage should be... probably.

Quite possibly the GPU selects it's own core voltage by controlling the VRM. Do you know the part number for the VRM controller and is there a datasheet available? The fact you have 0.76V maybe the GPU is dead and not 'requesting' a slightly higher voltage which is what I would have expected to see (nearer 1V) but that is just supposition.

Generally I would say if a GPU has all the correct voltages and the card does not detect, then you have a problem with the GPU itself, or a problem with communication from GPU to the PCIe (broken/missing capacitors, no PEX supply etc)

It could also be a corrupted GPU BIOS I guess - can you see an Eprom on the card? If so it would be worth removing and programming it -assuming you have an suitable eprom programmer and can find/download a suitable bin file from another card of the same type

Sorry I can't help you much more than that at the moment. Hopefully someone else here can (and I will learn more from that too)
                                      Last edited by dicky96; 05-18-2021, 02:37 AM.
                                      Follow me on YouTube
                                      ------------------
                                      Learn Electronics Repair

Comment

You know the motherboard have the same problem ,everything ok but she don't start up same problem like the gpu , in the motherboard Ram are Ok gpu ok everything ok like the GPU .
                                        i suspect The BIOS too for the gpu,
                                        i suspect The BIOS / chipset too for the motherboard MSI b250 bazzoka.
                                        but you think i lost the bios for the motherboard and the gpu.

i'm pretty sure the Ram and gpu and everything is ok.

Comment

Working...
                                        X