Alps 50KAX2 12mm shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alps 50KAX2 12mm shaft

Anybody know where to source these original potentiometers??
    Alps Motorized 50KAX2 50kohm 12mm shaft
    Attached Files

Re: Alps 50KAX2 12mm shaft

Google "alps motorized potentiometer 50k"
    Is this it? https://www.ebay.ca/i/323782414955?c...SABEgIHlfD_BwE
    Maybe this pdf wil be helpful
    Attached Files
    Last edited by R_J; 06-13-2019, 10:49 AM.

Comment

Mr RJ please, aside from it being a potentiometer, the one you linked and mine that I need are nothing alike.

Comment

What's up with yours? These can be stripped down and the insides cleaned and repaired.

Comment

It has failed completely. This one can not be stripped down as it is riveted by design.

Comment

so drill them.

Comment

And than what? It has failed completely, snapped middle leg from within, and besides, how would you ever attach it back again?

Comment

with long screws and nuts.
                if nothing else, you may be able to replace the wafers with the tracks on from a non-motorised pot.

Comment

Mr Sojke
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by R_J; 06-15-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Hi Mr. RJ. Is that RK27112MC, do you know where I can get complete datasheet? Can the little nudge be removed easy? The nudge on the original one is below the shaft just above the contacts.

Comment

it's soft metal (zinc) you can remove it with a file or a small hacksaw.
                      you could even snap it off with pliers but it may take a chunk of the base with it.

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/351631436027 I did't look close enough at my first post, it was indeed the wrong style pot this should be a lot closer
                        The original might be a custom pot, as for the nudge/lug, you could drill a small hole for the new pot's nudge/lug location
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by R_J; 06-17-2019, 09:41 AM.

Comment

From what I can see the pinout is the correct order only that the distance from back mount for the gear assembly to the front pot mount is 21.5mm on the original and 30.5mm on the new one. Dont know how will that look like when mounted.

Being out of soft metal in the base as Mr STJ says, how well will these pots handle stress from cutting and drilling in their shaft? I˙ve found an original type but with 30mm shaft in China.

Comment

cutting the shaft is easy with a dremel or saw - it's usually aluminium.

Comment

It looks like your original pot has the second wafer mounted closer to the motor end on the shaft so check the distance from the front wafer to the gear mount, it may only be the second wafer that is in the wrong position.
                              it looks like the distance between the front and rear pot wafer is different

Comment

Working...
                              X