Identifying these capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identifying these capacitors

Can anyone recongize these capacitors? They're on eVGA motherboards. I'm wondering if it's a known bad brand.

Thanks.

Re: Identifying these capacitors

Perhaps if the photo included any of the writing, it might help?

--Randy

Comment

they look like polymer capacitors from one of the taiwanese brands

can we have a shot of the logo of the cap near the coil?
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

I'm actually looking to buy this motherboard, so I can't take a photo of it - sorry.

I got the photo from this review here: http://www.motherboards.org/reviews/...ds/1533_1.html

The rest of the board looks high quality so I was hoping the caps would be good.

Thanks for the responses though.

Comment

ok basically evga said that they were using all polymer capacitors on their motherboards. this is a good step and i believe no other manufacturer is doing this on consumer boards. unfortunately they look like taiwan brands. the polymer caps do not fail in the same manner as the electrolytics though but if they are badly made can make problems.

you want to know whether to buy the board? the problem is that there is not data on fails for taiwan polymers, they are quite new. i checked the link and i see another taiwan brand i recognise on that board.

if the choice was between that board and another with taiwan electrolytics i would go with the evga with the polymers. Anyway you really need to inspect the board before purchase to check what caps are on the board and not the review model. this is a problem with most brands recently if you check some of the threads on the forum, the caps differ on different models.

Comment

Hmm... MD Willington was talking about Lelon Oc-Con in a different thread... Could these be it? Similar colour it looks like to me....
            The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

looked like either lelon or ltec

Comment

FYI...if you buy a Geforce 7800 from evga...they'll throw that board into the deal for just purchasing the video card

http://www.evga.com/articles/public.asp?AID=258

For a limited time only, EVGA is offering a steal of a deal, literally! For those purchasing an e-GeForce 7800 GTX or an e-GeForce 7800 GT, you'll receive an nForce 4 SLI Mainboard FREE! You read that right, that's a $199.99 value item that you're getting free of charge when you purchase one of the participating 7800 series cards. This is a limited time offer and is also limited to one promotional mainboard per order. If you have any questions, please contact our Sales staff at 888-881-EVGA (3842) or at Sales@EVGA.com.
                Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

@MD: holy s**t! A free motherboard for buying a top of the line video card?
                  The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

Lelon

rebadged Jetway board

heres a review of the Jetway branded board

http://www.cpluse.com/Module/Show.aspx?ID=2355

Comment

I appreciate the replies, guys!

So Lelon caps... and they're charging around $70 for the 'free' motherboard.

Comment

Working...
                      X