EVGA GTX Titan Superclocks - Sheared off caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EVGA GTX Titan Superclocks - Sheared off caps

Hey folks, I'm new here and was referred from a friend who does PC repair. Recently came across an EVGA Titan Superclocked (Keplar) that the previous owned knocked a couple caps off on the top of the board. Wondering if anyone can help me find the correct replacements for them so my buddy can solder them on for me. Attaching images for reference of the card area and the caps themselves.
    Attached Files

Re: EVGA GTX Titan Superclocks - Sheared off caps

https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=76

This should work.

Comment

Or check digikey https://www.digikey.com/products/en/...=1&pageSize=25 and find the correct size (diameter/height)
      Last edited by R_J; 02-08-2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Thanks to both of you, going to try the ones Sparkey55 linked and hopefully get this thing working

Comment

Originally posted by semperfio6 View Post
          Thanks to both of you, going to try the ones Sparkey55 linked and hopefully get this thing working
          Let us know how it turns out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkey55 View Post
            Maybe...
            Will work only if there is no restriction on height where those caps are located. Also, the caps you linked to are through-hole, whereas the originals are SMD. I myself prefer (and sometimes replace with) through-hole caps. But on video cards, height restrictions are often a factor. So the O/P may have to look on Digikey or Mouser for proper SMD replacements.

As for the original capacitors that got knocked there... 2.5V, 560 uF polymers. Hard to give a replacement recommendation, though, without knowing their height and diameter (in mm). Looks like 6.3 mm or 8 mm diameter polys. But I will wait for confirmation.

And if O/P has already bought those caps from BCN store... well, he could still use them on the card, if the rail these caps go to has traces on the back of the card too. Then simply just solder the caps on the back of the card. Not the prettiest thing to do, but should work.
            Last edited by momaka; 02-12-2019, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
              Maybe...
              Will work only if there is no restriction on height where those caps are located. Also, the caps you linked to are through-hole, whereas the originals are SMD. I myself prefer (and sometimes replace with) through-hole caps. But on video cards, height restrictions are often a factor. So the O/P may have to look on Digikey or Mouser for proper SMD replacements.

As for the original capacitors that got knocked there... 2.5V, 560 uF polymers. Hard to give a replacement recommendation, though, without knowing their height and diameter (in mm). Looks like 6.3 mm or 8 mm diameter polys. But I will wait for confirmation.

And if O/P has already bought those caps from BCN store... well, he could still use them on the card, if the rail these caps go to has traces on the back of the card too. Then simply just solder the caps on the back of the card. Not the prettiest thing to do, but should work.
              You were correct, those caps were.... large heh. I should have paid attention and checked dimensions. Went on Digikey and found hopefully a suitable replacement, will check back in with end result.

Comment

Working...
              X