Samsung Syncmaster 245B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung Syncmaster 245B

Resistors R805, 806 & 807 are glued together with white stuff on my board. (Well, its gone brown probably with heat but was probably white when new.)
    Any idea why, and will it matter if I don't use it when I replace one of the resistors later today?
    (Thanks BTW to everyone for the useful info here...)

Comment

Originally posted by RobGill View Post
      Resistors R805, 806 & 807 are glued together with white stuff on my board. (Well, its gone brown probably with heat but was probably white when new.)
      Any idea why, and will it matter if I don't use it when I replace one of the resistors later today?
      (Thanks BTW to everyone for the useful info here...)
      The glue is usually to hold the resistors in place while other components are inserted. It's not necessary - and actually detrimental - for operation.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I have the same problem as the OP. OS can detect the display, power led is on but backlight doesn't fire up. The glue between the resistor triplet RB80n had turned into neat black brownish gradient. One resistor was dead, others measured ok. Equally distributed 'thank you' for everyone posting in this thread, hopefully I can get it fixed tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
        X