Macbook SSD woes FIXED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macbook SSD woes FIXED

Thought I would throw this out there incase others had the same issue, I have a mid 2012 MacBook pro with a intel 530 ssd, boot times were quick but after updating the OS to high sierra and beyond the boot time was rediculous were talking like around 2 minutes with a SSD. come to find out if you enable trim on 3rd party ssds apple sees fit to slow them down greatly, if you turn off trim then the boot time is fast again.

I went looking on ebay and found a OEM apple/samsung 256gb probably a rebadged 830 or 840 ssd and stuck it in, magically boot time with catalina is only 12-15 seconds, so I guess the moral of the story is be wary of non-apple ssds unless you want super slow boot time.
    My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Re: Macbook SSD woes FIXED

should actually be "be weary of apple"
    Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
    ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Re: Macbook SSD woes FIXED

Oopps, I need to work on that. Another interesting thing about this drive is its a 9.5mm height drive. It also has the famous pentalobe screws holding holding the ssd case halves together.
      My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Working...
      X