dell inspiron 14z 5324 vga amd problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dell inspiron 14z 5324 vga amd problem

hi all. i got a dell inspiron 14z 5324 with intel i7 3537u cpu, 6gb ram and discrete ati 7570m chip. i got this notebook some month ago. it had black screen problem. disabling ati vga solved the problem, so i reballed the bhs, but problem was still the same. after the wait for new bga to come (216-0833018 ) pc start have problem with vga disabled too. black screen and windows screen loading with some glich in che write and logo position., so i desoldered the old chip, reballed the new one and soldered it to the board. pc was a bit slow because dont have an ssd. the owner give it to me with windows update problem. it reboot pc several times while updating and went also back to the update doing so i spent some time updating windows to the latest version. doing that discrete vga was still disabled. when i enabled the vga, i got a yellow !, but after one reboot the ! and error code 43 disappeared, but i quickly noticed pc getting hotter just after enabled the ati vga. once on windows screen, if i run gpu-z, pc was really really slow, freezing, unresponsve. on gpu-z under the ati section, i noticed vram was seen correctly ( samsung gddr5 k4g20325fd and 2014mb total), but no vbios version, and under sensor i seecorrect gpu clock of 500mhz, memory stuck on 162mhz without the red bar showing, and gpu load was stuck on 100%. gpu temperature 1-2 were 67° celsius, while gpu sensor 3-4 were (minus) -167°.

now my question is : i got a bad bga, or bad vram or something else?

if i keep discrete vga disabled, pc works just fine, but as i enable ati vga on, pc become very slow, give some black screen and back to screen problem and so on.

ps: both bga and vram get hot.....

any opinion?

Re: dell inspiron 14z 5324 vga amd problem

i have monitored vram volt and gpu volt and they are: 1.5 volt for vram and 0.9 volt for gpu. both volts didnt change when i enable or disable discrete vga, but that zone start becoming very hot.

Comment

Is the 216-0833018 a known good replacement part for this board, do you have to modify the vBios
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

code is the same as original 216-0833018. i got it from golden chipset, dunno if chip is 100% ok, but when a chip isnt working it give black screen. why i should modify bios ?

i have attached original bios.

vga ven is 1002 dev 6841
        Last edited by dellxps15; 03-18-2020, 09:17 AM.

Comment

No,you don`t need to modify if same part .
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

ok, but i have no vbios showing ? bad bga and not working properly ?
            dont understand also why i have gfx volt, but if i enable it it get really hot, even if volt are the same.

edit: from googling 14z 5423 bios, i found an 8mb bios, while the one that i have is like 2mb. if i look for 02104168 hex inside dump file, i have vbios inside it.... while if i search in my dump, i havent....
            Last edited by dellxps15; 03-18-2020, 09:37 AM.

Comment

EDIT: try these bios,don`t know why your bios is only 2MB

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=49483
              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70172

The supported bios chips are in the VSCC table, use UEFITool or Flash Image Tool to find the chip ID`s .
              Attached Files
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-18-2020, 10:19 AM.

Comment

ok the 2mb bios i saved with universal bios was bad, but inside after a full dump with programmer bios was ok. so i think that problem is bga that has some problem. strange it install driver and all but works bad, and ofcourse chip was new revision datacode 2016.

Comment

Radeon HD7000M series is not very reliable. Not as bad as HD6000M, but still not good.
                  "New" chip may have been pulled from a dead board (and who knows why it was dead), reballed and remarked.
                  OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Working...
                  X