PM_I_hpc_s mv_mb_v3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM_I_hpc_s mv_mb_v3

with battery it starts wit blank screen, no post. But with adapter not triggering. i'm taking out the mobo now. Hp G62.

Re: PM_I_hpc_s mv_mb_v3

hmm, its not working with adapter, because my adjustble dc voltage regulator is not supported by the system of this hp g62. it works with its own charger. So i think next i'll re-programme the bios.

Comment

Originally posted by spidey View Post
      because my adjustble dc voltage regulator is not supported by the system of this hp g62. it works with its own charger. So i think next i'll re-programme the bios.
      Hi spidey, could you explain in a better way?.
      Regards.

Comment

some hp laptops doesnt work with 2 pin adapter. so if you want it to work with 2 pin adapter, like mine you need to do some modification. you may try connecting 3th pin to gnd. i havent found the schem. yet. there is a problem in vcore power circuit. Cpu is overheating too much. i think cpu 's allready dead so i decided to give it bck to customer.

Comment

some hp laptops doesnt work with 2 pin adapter. so if you want it to work with 2 pin adapter, like mine you need to do some modification. you may try connecting 3th pin to gnd. i havent found the schem. yet. there is a problem in vcore power circuit. Cpu is overheating too much. i think cpu 's allready dead so i decided to give it bck to customer.
          PM_I_hpc_s mv_mb_v3 = Foxconn Federer, if you want it, I have the schematic.
          Regards.

Comment

it would be great. thanks. you can give a link or i'll give my mail to you via pm.

Comment

it would be great. Thanks. You can give a link or i'll give my mail to you via pm.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Francisco.s View Post
                thank you very much..

Comment

Hi spidey, I am very interested in your modification for 2 pin adapter. Is it possible for you to show how to do it over the schematic?
                  Regards.

Comment

Hi,

Mine was shut down yesterday due to overheating but mine had too much dirt in cooling fan. Now it has 3.3V on power button but no power on SPI flash, I m very confused,
                    I need a hand for this motherboard.

Comment

You're probably looking at BIOS ROM (page 13) and not KBC ROM (page 25).

Comment

Originally posted by whaldsz View Post
                        You're probably looking at BIOS ROM (page 13) and not KBC ROM (page 25).
                        Yes, BIOS rom has no voltage but KBC rom has 3.3V.
                        I guess I need dump for KBC rom because KBC doesn't power up the system.

Comment

Right.

Comment

give the model g62-***** so i can share the EC dump file.

Comment

Originally posted by mohamed.mostafa View Post
                              give the model g62-***** so i can share the EC dump file.

sorry I'm late, G62-B11ET

Comment

Update : I get not light on ac connectors led with adapter but when I use battery I see led blinks 3 times indicating me battery is empty.
                                does it mean charger (8731AE) is gone ? some help would be great.
                                schematic is here;
                                Attached Files

Comment

3 blinks is memory, i think.

Comment

Originally posted by whaldsz View Post
                                    3 blinks is memory, i think.

Nope, today I fixed it changing 8731AE charger and it worked!
                                    Problem description;

When plug AC adapter no power no blink but when plug a charged battery motherboard powers on. MAX8731AE have a circuit for switching between AC power and battery and it was broken.

Comment

I've got the same problem , g62 , i got the 3.3 volts on the main DCDC converter , getting 3.30 volts on on off button and drop to 0 when pressed ,cheked coild for dc output , i dont get 5 volts , and there is no short to the ground , cheking fet coils and caps after main dcdc , all are in shape .. simply dont notice light on the dc jack .. , could this be a bios problem ? main dc was changed and do the same thing . and also i dont get voltage on the bios IC

Comment

also i dont get VCC +3.3S on the KB , also notice i should have on pin 33 of ITEkb , and ther eis no voltage there , as also there is no rsmrst as well ..i got some 3alw voltages on KB , but not main vcc

Comment

Working...
                                        X