X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you dignose from the photo ? . Toshiba 65S2650EV

Hehe .
    This story never ends.. unbelievable

OK, I will rip ALL Tabs on the same side - You agree ?

Comment

sure

Comment

smartphone photos look darker than the image on screen is actually is.
        I did not edit ( changed brightness )

looks great

Can we say FIXED ?

What a story !
        Attached Files

Comment

It may of took a while to get too this point but yes a really good picture now, its actually been a interesting fault finding thread, with a good outcome.
          Last edited by vinceroger69; 05-01-2022, 09:13 AM.

Comment

ok, so it looks like the problem was a bad powerboard and bad panel, "fixed" by tab removal, needed good powerboard to see the tell tale horizontal lines of the bad panel.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
              ok, so it looks like the problem was a bad powerboard and bad panel, "fixed" by tab removal, needed good powerboard to see the tell tale horizontal lines of the bad panel.
              Exactly. PSU died when trying to check results of 1 Tab removal.
              New PSU showed the result isn't good : lines , lighter shade strip were the Tab was ripped , and dark middle screen.

I Verified the horizontal lines are no more, by using Paint with different full area colors, dark colors, light colors.. No Lines.

Davi.P : How come the image seem fine with one side without Side Tabs ? Is there any degradation I don't notice ? It is important to me as I plan to put it on sale.

Comment

The degradation can be showed mainly right after the removal but stories here in the forum tells that there aren't with time passing, i would be quite curious to see if a 4 ohm resistor could cure the original power board..
                Last edited by Davi.p; 05-01-2022, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                  The degradation can be showed mainly right after the removal but stories here in the forum tells that there aren't with time passing,
                  I don't understand : do you mean that the TV will be OK for a long time ? i.e stay fixed and image not deteriorating/degrading for years ?

I attach a photo of the Resistor in the new board : I can't find its value ! First strip can not be black ??!!?
                  Attached Files

Comment

i mean that probably will last long, if no other power surges happens..

if second band is violet that is a 0,75ohm, if it's blue is a 0,65ohm
                    Last edited by Davi.p; 05-01-2022, 11:43 PM.

Comment

I will tell buyer to use Surge Protector.

The band is Violet : 0.75 Ohm . I can't get logical reading now.

Do you want me to try 4 Ohm on the old PSU ?

Comment

Why, where did you get the idea that the resistor is 4 ohm.

Comment

I told 4 ohm because you said 4ohm before, but no you must use 0,75ohm..

Comment

The 3 R I bought , measure in series 1.1-1.2 with my DMM.
                            I will try this , as I assume my DMM isn't precise
                            we'll see

Comment

Your meter probably have a problem in probes or battery, putting 3 0,22 sounds as a waste of time because it's =0,66ohm not 0,75

Comment

Well, you are correct - it didn't work .

I does have an issue ! The battery is fine , I replaced not long ago. But the probes don't measure anything sometime
                                I must resolve this.
                                I tried to measure one of the resistors , they have thick, 3.5cm on each side , and I wanted to see the difference between the ends and right next to the actual R ... and I get illogical results, 0.7 ohm and more .. for one !

any idea how to investigate the probes ?
                                Last edited by Ancient1; 05-03-2022, 04:41 PM.

Comment

i don't understand, are you measuring the R alone or within all the terminals long? which R are you measuring? The 0,22 you bought or the one mounted on the new board? if you are measuring only the terminal 0,7 ohm seems too much.. can you post picture of your meter and probes? Are the probes intact? when you arr measuring little resistors you must subtract the normal value you see by short between probes
                                  Last edited by Davi.p; 05-04-2022, 12:26 AM.

Comment

I tried measuring again , and the readings are "all over" and illogical even if I hold the probes steady with no movement.

I'll re-measure the batteries with another DMM
                                    I'll de-solder the probes and use something else

by the way , do you see anything unusual in the IC from the 12V PSU ?
                                    I'm going to order it anyway, since I can't find any bad component
                                    Attached Files

Comment

Please don't shuffle things, the other psu in another thread..

Comment

So, if I have this right, if you had initially ripped all those cofs off of the one side, and done nothing else, your problem would have resolved?
                                        Signature:Seemingly hopeless tv fixer

Comment

Yes.
                                          But this is one from the "nothing to lose" list.

Comment

Working...
                                          X