• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you dignose from the photo ? . Toshiba 65S2650EV

locally I can get 0.22 Ohm 5W .
    Checking eBay , 0.23 n/a but 0.22 are common

Comment

but i need to know the a actual resistance of the wire resistor even with the prolonges, with the most precise tester you have..

Comment

when measuring don't touch both terminals with fingers..

Comment

in case you didn't know already touch meter probes together first and any reading deduct from whatever the resistor reads ,
          also you could build a wheatstone bridge out of precise resistors .

Comment

but thinking on there, normal meters have only 1 decimal so are not suitable for that task.. so try with the 0,22ohm but not 5w, them are unfit , to have got more room better 1w or 2w..

Comment

My Meter has 3 places after the Decimal dot
              However, when measuring R of the Probes ( at their base, fingers not touching) : I get a fluctuating R , from 0.8 to about 3.5 , not fast but like every step is 1 second.

I measured the Wire Resistor , isolated , in a Clamp : I did get slow fluctuation but longest time was on 0.8-0.9 .

I can go and look for a Fluke at some shop .

Davi.P : Perché non scrivere in italiano? Posso tradurre facilmente perché principalmente su un PC [ Why not write in Italian ? I can easily translate as I am on a PC mostly ]
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Ancient1; 03-10-2022, 10:27 AM.

Comment

yes, depends which type of meter you have, if not auto range, need to know how many decimals you have in 200ohm scale, i guess you have only 1, so better to get 0,22 resistors, a fluke can cost 250euro 2nd hand to you, not for an hobbist!.. I can't talk in Italian cause the site is in English and also other users are following this thread, sorry..

Comment

nested problem solving : I actually have 3 DMMs. 1 old Analog, 1 cheap chinese that I can't get to work normally , and one digital 000.000 display. I'll try to fix the chinese or go sunday to a repair shop to get accurate reading.
                  translation :
                  [risoluzione dei problemi annidata: in realtà ho 3 DMM. 1 vecchio analogico, 1 cinese a buon mercato che non riesco a far funzionare normalmente e un display digitale da 000.000. Proverò a riparare il cinese o andrò domenica in un'officina per ottenere una lettura accurata.]

P 3 x 0.23 => 0.08 R , and 0.22 give 0.07
                  is 3 in parallel the only way to get this 0.07 R ?
                  translation
                  [P 3 x 0,23 => 0,08 R e 0,22 danno 0,07
                  è 3 in parallelo l'unico modo per ottenere questo 0,07 R? ]
                  Last edited by Ancient1; 03-11-2022, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Please don't translate, i can do it by myself, 0,22 is the best way to obtain it, if you hav 6 digits meter then is the best so why not to use it? 3x0,23 are not 0,8 , the formula is 1/(1/R1+1/R2+1/R3), if you find a better combination let me know, 3x0,22 gives 0,73, 3x0,23 gives 0,76, not precise as 0,75

Comment

I used online calc.
                      My Digital Multi Meter (DMM) has 4 places. As I said , I get fluctuations.
                      I'll go to a tech shop tomorrow, ask them to measure

Comment

Been to Tech Shop , Fluke , he got 0 , couldn't measure.

I doubt I can buy 0.22 localy (haifa), I will call tel-aviv tomorrow , see if I can get faster than aliexpress . I understand that the 5W , blocky, resistors are not good ( why) , and that I need to find 2W max

Comment

i don't know if you have room for 3x5w..

Comment

Tel Aviv store has 0.22 2W. But they don't send by mail.
                            So its time to call my cousin ...

Comment

They were bought. Now delivery.. hopefully soon

Comment

Hi

I got 3 the resistors , measured and installed - see photo.

No Luck

I will carefully inspect the board again, maybe I missed something
                                and than probably order a new PSU , I owe it to you guys , esp. Davi.P
                                Attached Files

Comment

you can try put back the original wire resistor, desolder r37, solder 2 wires on its pads, between those you put in series a through hole resistor same as r37, and a trimmer starting with lowest value and try increasing in many tries..

Comment

I think have 1-1k trimmer. With R37 ( code 562 ) being 5600 Ohm, I think maybe I should use a lower value resistor , so I can get values above and below 5600 Ohm ?

Comment

you don't have to lower the r37 but only increase, so put a 5k6 resistor in series with trimmer.

Comment

I don't have a larger watt Resistor.. I'll rig some cooling fins .. and hope
                                        Attached Files

Comment

larger watt?? who have said that? that in pic goes well, it's a 1/4w..

Comment

Working...
                                          X