Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you dignose from the photo ? . Toshiba 65S2650EV

Originally posted by Diah View Post
    wow so long threat... you are swiming against the wave...
    yours OP photo and this too

yours issue at LEDs back light or at the LED driver baords.. strip the screen out of the set the set will boot with out screen ...and you will see the shadow where it come from.
    Are you thinking burnt diffuser/led issue im sure ive seen another post with this image and was burnt leds into diffuser sheet the thick one.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
      Are you thinking burnt diffuser/led issue im sure ive seen another post with this image and was burnt leds into diffuser sheet the thick one.
      every things possible.. but one things are sure its shadow effect caused by defect LEDs or as you mentioned burnt leds into diffuser sheet

Comment

This fault is also for bad panel drivers, Ancient: zd3 and q11 are shorted but if q10 pin1 tension passes partly to ic2 pin 8 then how can q11/zd3 be short and tie that tension to gnd?

Comment

Diah :
          wrong. This is a TV from Hell. Its story is long , very long. I must be short : ALL strips are new. The up-side-down photo was taken after. What happened is that the buyer probably dropped it.
          We ( me and the Great Davi.P ) dealt with Side Tab VGL VGH measuring all testpoints , wire bypassing.. and finally tearing it down.
          As I powered it to see the effect of the prayers .. PSU blew up
          Replaced Bridge, bridged the Fuse , and soldering back a wire resistor the was cut at the roots ( retained length) I had to substitute a Mosfet . Still no go, found a bad resistor , still no go ..
          all that "in short"

Respects for Davi.P

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
            This fault is also for bad panel drivers, Ancient: zd3 and q11 are shorted but if q10 pin1 tension passes partly to ic2 pin 8 then how can q11/zd3 be short and tie that tension to gnd?
            1. zd3/q11 are shorted
            2. IF q10 pin1 tension passes partly to ic2 pin 8 THEN how can q11/zd3 [ be short AND tie that tension to gnd ] ?

now I need to compute what you mean

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient1 View Post
              Diah :
              wrong. This is a TV from Hell. Its story is long , very long. I must be short : ALL strips are new. The up-side-down photo was taken after. What happened is that the buyer probably dropped it.
              We ( me and the Great Davi.P ) dealt with Side Tab VGL VGH measuring all testpoints , wire bypassing.. and finally tearing it down.
              As I powered it to see the effect of the prayers .. PSU blew up
              Replaced Bridge, bridged the Fuse , and soldering back a wire resistor the was cut at the roots ( retained length) I had to substitute a Mosfet . Still no go, found a bad resistor , still no go ..
              all that "in short"

Respects for Davi.P
              i dont care to whom you give respect... but you should respect any one share his experiences... what you did i dont care ... if you start with wrong you will end at huge wrong..... i care on the photo you show us here at yours 1 post. and this is not the first time issue we saw as yours photo... shadow effect... take hammer and smash your screen then you can see with out glasses the shadow causer. end.

Comment

Diah your problem is that you have too much an high estimation of your knowledge, Tv defects are so variegated that i also often fall in wrong considerations, you are not an oracle, i am come until here at the twelfth page with much interest and i put much hope in Ancient's capabilities that he can come to a good end even if this is a heavily damaged device, since this is a giant Tv it deserves attention... closed parenthesis.

Ancient.. i explain better, Q10 purpose is to feed PFC function and main PS work (ic2 and ic3 mainly) by a command coming from mainboard, if the supply tension coming from standby power supply is ok, and it is because standby psu is well restored, we must understand why passed q10 it is dropped down to a lower voltage not enough to turn on ic2 / ic3, i think zd3/q11 are bad but not totally shorted like multimeter says.. so long story short, replace them and pray.. don't know which are their specs, let me search one moment...
                OK 1P is a FMMT2222A, Y5 is a BZX84-A16..... last note, if you manage to fix power board and tv would work but image is discrete but not very good, there is the possibility that also the rest of the right side tabs must be removed...(is faulty side right right?)
                Last edited by Davi.p; 01-14-2022, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Davi.P :
                  I took out 1P and Y5 to measure out-of-circuit. I think they must be damaged because we zoomed in on this path and the Resistor and D2 Zener are OK it seems.
                  I say "seems" because isn't 0.546 V too high for a Zener ? and 0.676 V for ZD3

with 1P the tracks popped ( I used 480C, not much experience I guess) , so I need to make sure they are not broken. but this is easy.
                  I need to search my Junk for 1P and Y5.

Wouldn't Q11 and ZD3 be damaged if a high current came on them ? so , remember D13 - on Cold side after the Opto I replaced ? It measured V both ways :0.983V and 0.548V the other way. I don't remember now if the Opto was damaged , but is it possible the High V came from Cold side ( doesn't make much sense, but ..) .

Thank you.

Comment

Davi.P :
                    I took out 1P and Y5 to measure out-of-circuit. I think they must be damaged because we zoomed in on this path and the Resistor and D2 Zener are OK it seems.
                    i don't follow you here, What is D2? So what measures them out of circuit?? Zd3 zener is a 2 terminal component like every diode but has 3 pins, in fact 2 are soldered same pad so the measure you wrote can't be ok, only two measures needed..
                    I say "seems" because isn't 0.546 V too high for a Zener ?
                    No...
                    Wouldn't Q11 and ZD3 be damaged if a high current came on them ? so , remember D13 - on Cold side after the Opto I replaced ? It measured V both ways :0.983V and 0.548V the other way. I don't remember now if the Opto was damaged ,
                    don't consider that diode, the measure in circuit doesn't matter apart if you find a true short 0v
                    but is it possible the High V came from Cold side ( doesn't make much sense, but ..) .
                    No..
                    Last edited by Davi.p; 01-15-2022, 12:32 AM.

Comment

ZD3 : I know "soldered together" but I measured (out-of-circuit) 3 legs anyway.

D2 = D6 . mistake . ( I wrote at ~2 AM)

"don't consider that diode, the measure in circuit doesn't matter apart if you find a true short 0v" - you mean UNLESS ( salvo che). OK

Question: I went through my junk boards , and have A LOT ( see list below), but no 1P, Y5 ( I will look in my good PSU boards later ) . My Question is , would you be kind and give me some Specs guidelines (linee guida) so I will be able to find a similar ones to 1P Y5 ?

1AM
                      1E
                      1FT
                      1GW
                      1KW
                      12W / 13
                      2A
                      2F
                      2TY
                      3407AY / 1XL32
                      3F
                      7AW
                      7BW
                      A4
                      A41
                      A4t
                      A7
                      A7W
                      EA1
                      EF8
                      EH1
                      FW /50
                      GH9V
                      GM9L
                      H1A
                      H2A
                      H1P
                      HA7
                      JB
                      K45 /Y2
                      K72
                      KL2 / Y4
                      KN
                      KNW
                      RKM
                      SSX3
                      t1A
                      t04
                      L4
                      T4
                      W1P
                      W41B
                      W2F / 13
                      X7FA
                      Y8
                      ZC /37

Comment

Diah your problem is that you have too much an high estimation of your knowledge, Tv defects are so variegated that i also often fall in wrong considerations,
                        any one should be proud on his know how, if not you will not developing your self further..
                        OP stated the owner replace the edge BL strips.. edge BL when one LED burned. will damage the surface of the first layer of the thick plate which it will make this shadow effect we saw at his OP photos.. this is not science we are talking on... its just good memory because this fault listed over this forum several time. end.

Comment

Diah

I got the TV with no backlight. It was previously serviced.
                          It had 2 new LEDs - see photo of a repair. I did the same with 2 others. and sold.
                          10 days later it was brought back. I mis-diagnosed : it had one more dead LED, but powering up, after I installed a new Set of 12 strips, I realized I missed the important issue, and this is why I came here, to repair the image issue
                          At first I thought it is Gamma, but with Davi.P we focused on VGH VGL and ended ripping a Side Tab, right after which the PSU Fuse blew with extensive damage that doesn't end. a TV from Hell.

I know how to diagnose and repair a LED TV, but not the electronics, something that Davi.P know, by far.

The diffuser sheets have to be spaced evenly from the LEDs , or irregular lighting will occur. Sometime the Stands Tips bend from the heat and the diffusers sag down, even to the point of burn marks, and that is a No Fix.
                          That, as you claim, did NOT happen. the shading in the photos are from the lighting in the room.

Bitte sei ruhig , calm. Vielen Dank fur ihr interesse.
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Ancient1; 01-15-2022, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Diah .
                            its your mistake when you wrote Edge BL.. your BL arer direct,, so my theory not belong to this issue

Comment

Diah , all this is irrelevant now, since this is about PSU repair...in order to check if the Panel is a No Fix or ...
                              I "can"t" invest in a new board after the new strip set i bought.. for a TV from Hell. Such an unusual situation !

And I don't want to miss the lesson in PSU repair. I love it.
                              Last edited by Ancient1; 01-15-2022, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Unless unless unless unless unless unless... i have to remember..
                                I can't check your spare components, you have to search for a transistor same or more Vce, Ic, hfe, same pnp/npn type, for the zener same exact Vz..

Comment

Diah , all this is irrelevant now
                                  And I don't want to miss the lesson in PSU repair. I love it.
                                  Okay..i understand you... the master over this forum to handle PSU blowing out because of owner missed or other reasones are only budm & R_J

Comment

i'm beginning to feel irritated by the presence of Diah, before there was Nomoresonys, now there is Diah, in the web slang you're a Troll..

Comment

Davi.P : found 1P (Q11) , in a good board. But i'll borrow

Now I need to find a Zener to replace Y5 ( ZD3), What specs do I need ( from those in the datasheet ) , there "must" be a list of compatibles somewhere. Seems easier to find than a similar to 1P .

Comment

i'm beginning to feel irritated by the presence of Diah, before there was Nomoresonys, now there is Diah, in the web slang you're a Troll..
                                        stop this feeling.. no one had any things against you, you are just later time your mind closed to gate drive COFs at any threat open with displaying issue. more than you involved with OLED and you never had one under your hands so you start again with VGH/VGL and type hide..

take it easy,, when i mentioned the 2 person mean they are better than me before you at PSU fault diagnose. if you feel your self injured with this i am sorry ,, please bring this owner PSU in O.K after you blowing it up. thanks.

Comment

The zener is 15-17v.

Diah you are off topic because Budm is not longer following the forum, i have not blow any ps, you are dreaming, some of the smps theory i have studied, so don't bother me and stay watching silently. PLEASE..
                                          Last edited by Davi.p; 01-16-2022, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X