Can you dignose from the photo ? . Toshiba 65S2650EV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can you dignose from the photo ? . Toshiba 65S2650EV

The TP that marks VGL are not all coming from the board, there are almost 5 near the chip that have no trace from the border but appear to come from the output pins of chip, i don't know what they means..
    there's no more chance surely, rip it off..

..but.. if you like to waste much time.. i have repaired my only tv with this problem, but not sure it was 100% the same, my had no lines.., so, searching the outer zone of the panel pcb for the 3,3v line that enters the side of the last tab, cut it on the pcb, turn on the tv, maybe image disappears, turn off, re join the broken trace, turn on tv, hope that image reappears, if it doesn't it's a pain.. before doing this must be saved the content of the tcon eeprom, if the inage doesn't come back, reload eeprom with old content.. this op. is risky, i don't suggest it
    Last edited by Davi.p; 12-19-2021, 02:35 AM.

Comment

I don't have eeprom writer, so ..

"searching the outer zone of the panel pcb for the 3,3v line that enters the side of the last tab," I did take measurements of all TP on the distribution board (earlier photos) , so I can find the TP but you say cut the 3.3 to the 1st TAB I was working on - this I assume signals something to the eeprom ? and it may get garbled - and rejoin the track ?
      Seems complicated.. Looks like ripping the TAB is next

Comment

forget about second method if you have no eprom programmer..

Comment

So , time to take the TAB out .. and pray ?

Comment

of course

Comment

I plan on : low heat ( heat gun ) and slowly peel off .
              sounds ok ?
              but what pray should I say ? would jewish pray be good ? . not funny

Comment

no need of heat...

Comment

So I pulled the TAB out
                  On power connect , something blew on PSU , I think a coil . Burnt through the blanket under.

No idea why as I did nothing unusual.
                  Total Loss

Thanks a lot for your help ! awsome !
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Ancient1; 12-21-2021, 03:03 AM.

Comment

by the way :
                    Fuse is blown.
                    Any clue what this : R44 , is ? one end melted
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is non sense, unless you have done something out of the plans, further that type of piece of wire, i have never seen in years and years of TV studying.., take a photo of the whole board..

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient1 View Post
                        by the way :
                        Fuse is blown.
                        Any clue what this : R44 , is ? one end melted
                        search Current Limiting Manganin Wire Shunt Milliohm Resistor

Comment

So I pulled the TAB out
                          On power connect , something blew on PSU , I think a coil . Burnt through the blanket under.

No idea why as I did nothing unusual.
                          Total Loss

Thanks a lot for your help ! awsome !
                          IF the picture of the tab that is shown is how you powered up the set at the time, it is possible that the "half removal" was not a good idea. It should have been totally disconnected.

Comment

Contact your electrcian, this fault seems to be due to a surge from the energy distributor or another device on the house cabling

Comment

Budwich : The TAB was totally removed.

vinceroger69 : Thanks ! Is it possible to solder back ? I want to check the Panel at least.

Davi.p : The blow up occurred exactly with Wall Power connect. I don't think Power Surge is possible and I have my PC with surge protector in same room - the Surge protector would have "jumped". I don't think the wire resistor was the fault i.e if I change the Fuse and solder this Resistor back the PSU would still not work . You agree ?

A TV from Hell. I put so much work time and money in it..
                              Last edited by Ancient1; 12-21-2021, 09:40 AM.

Comment

This problem is not related with work on panel, i can only say this. Have you removed the thin wire from the panel before?

Comment

Yes, of course I did. I don't want a wire with electricity floating around.
                                  What a story ...

Comment

Budwich : The TAB was totally removed.

vinceroger69 : Thanks ! Is it possible to solder back ? I want to check the Panel at least.

Davi.p : The blow up occurred exactly with Wall Power connect. I don't think Power Surge is possible and I have my PC with surge protector in same room - the Surge protector would have "jumped". I don't think the wire resistor was the fault i.e if I change the Fuse and solder this Resistor back the PSU would still not work . You agree ?

A TV from Hell. I put so much work time and money in it..
                                    Hi not sure about re using the r44 it depends i guess on how much has been lost in total lengh as may alter the resistance. I cant see how removing the tab could of caused it though.

Comment

i am waiting for the photos..

Comment

vinceroger69 : Agreed. This is what makes this a TV from hell. I put down the TV same way I did many times before..
                                        In the image you can easily see that the Wire Resistor was cut clean at the VIA.
                                        Thing is, its unlikely it caused the Main Fuse to blow i.e something else is damaged.

Davi.p : What photos ? I am facing a PSU repair issue, and frankly , this took the air out of me.. I don't feel like taking out Mosfets etc , at least for now. I already spent ~$42 on new LED strips ( after I replaced 2 (saw another 2 already replaced), sold, it came back with BL issue, didn't notice Panel issue, was happy - expected to sell at +$150 ..nasty )
                                        Last edited by Ancient1; 12-22-2021, 02:48 AM.

Comment

But you are an hobbyist tinkerer like me? So you quit the repair without even searching an used board?

Comment

Working...
                                          X