Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Msi Kt3 Ultra Smt Ooze

Hi guys,

When I inspect my KT3 Ultra's Backside PCB. I discovered this wierd white ooze which has dried. These white ooze surrounds these surface mount transistors on the backside of the PCB near the northbridge. This is pretty wierd as I am now experience random ethernet problem. I figure these white dried ooze around transister must mean something.

My camera is being repaired so I don't have photo.

Re: Msi Kt3 Ultra Smt Ooze

Spilt coffee with milk and shugar? As long as i dopsn`t come from a transistor, clean the board and it should work again.

Comment

Is the PCB brownish ? This could be overheat problem. If no brownish color, u are safe. If no bloated cap, just wipe off the stain and it should be fine.

The white color thing is quite common in TV PCB, especially Flyback Transformer pin. Very rare on mobo.

Please upload the picture when u get back ur camera... I would like to see...

Comment

What it usually means is that they didn't properly rinse the flux off the back side of the board, nothing more, it is only a cosmetic issue. It is unlikely to have anything to do with the ethernet problem.

Comment

I didn't check post until recently.

It's soluble. I think it might be flux from soldering.
          This board got Rubycon MBZ as main caps but got like 10 Teapos. There is no buldge on Teapos yet. Should I recap it?

Comment

There is no immediate need to recap the board without any signs of instability or cap failure. A few Teapos scattered around various lower current areas wouldn't be a problem in most cases.

Comment

Working...
            X