OMG SAMSUNG UN55F9000 Ultra HD, SMART, 3D 4K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OMG SAMSUNG UN55F9000 Ultra HD, SMART, 3D 4K

The tcon output doesn't matter anything. Post a close picture of the OC connector and surrounding components..

Comment

Comment

Comment

I don't know why so many pictures, anyway up to the connector there are capacitors therefore resistances must be on the under side, so take a picture..

Comment

oke but no Resistors

Comment

I am now heating the BGA

Comment

You are not able to find a group of 6-7 100 ohm resistors near a processor?

Comment

I look another day again I'm tired of it

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                    i don't think OC has a firmware but you can try.
                    YES, the TV AND the One Connect box BOTH have firmware. The firmware on the TV and the OC MUST BE COMPATIBLE with each other.

I think the problem here is you bought a 55F9000 TV with bad mainboard (which you fixed by replacing IC3301) but the F9000 TV did not include a One Connect box when you bought it.

Since you did not get the matching One Connect box, you don't know the installed firmware version on the TV or One Connect.

Then you purchased a JS One Connect box. But you do not know the firmware currently on the F9000 TV which may not be compatible with the JS One Connect box.

I think your Mainboard is ok. Just needs updating. But in order to update, you may need a compatible One Connect that is from a "F" series TV.

Before you do any damage to your TV, I think you need to find a One Connect from an "F" series TV. Then you may have to upgrade the firmware on the TV, and maybe even on the JS once the TV is updated.
                    Last edited by Unspun01; 04-26-2019, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Before you do any damage to your TV, I think you need to find a One Connect from an "F" series TV. Then you may have to upgrade the firmware on the TV, and maybe even on the JS once the TV is updated.
                      How do you think he can update a js OC if the tv needs a matching firmware on the OC to run until the menu of the update? He can detach the OC at the right moment?
                      And you forget that tv does not detect a OC, if the firmware was wrong the tv told wrong OC.
                      On the OC connector there are 2 pins called MICOM_TX ,22 and MICOM_RX, 23, them are probably a rs232 serial way to communicate between micom chip and the OC. One can attach a pc through a TTL level adapter like the CH341 programmer (few dollars) and it and probe the commands sent to the OC, one can also attach a pc togheter with tv and OC and sniff TX and RX with a program like SerialTrace, so you can see the answers from the OC maybe there's an inteligible answer of the OC model and version ready to hack by the pc.. if no message from tv or no answers from OC maybe a bad serial driver chip can be found on one or both.. or some micro caps are shorting TX/RX to ground..
                      Last edited by Davi.p; 04-26-2019, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                        How do you think he can update a js OC if the tv needs a matching firmware on the OC to run until the menu of the update? He can detach the OC at the right moment?
                        No.

I'm saying the F9000 TV may need a firmware update to be able to "SEE" the JS9000 One Connect device.

There are other forums that explain a "JS" One Connect is not compatible with "F" TV without some firmware upgrade or modification.

Of course, he can only upgrade the F9000 TV firmware by connecting a "F" series One Connect. Then once the F9000 TV is updated to a newer firmware, then the TV may be able to "SEE" the JS One Connect.

Frank has said himself he does not have the original F9000 One Connect. I suspect the F9000 TV will work with a F9000 One Connect, but testing the TV with a JS One Connect (which may not "YET" be compatible until upgraded) he may risk damaging the mainboard...
                        Last edited by Unspun01; 04-26-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Unspun01 View Post
                          No.

I'm saying the F9000 TV may need a firmware update to be able to "SEE" the JS9000 One Connect device.

There are other forums that explain a "JS" One Connect is not compatible with "F" TV without some firmware upgrade or modification.

Of course, he can only upgrade the F9000 TV firmware by connecting a "F" series One Connect. Then once the F9000 TV is updated to a newer firmware, then the TV may be able to "SEE" the JS One Connect.

Frank has said himself he does not have the original F9000 One Connect. I suspect the F9000 TV will work with a F9000 One Connect, but testing the TV with a JS One Connect (which may not "YET" be compatible until upgraded) he may risk damaging the mainboard...

or i need the sek3500u firmware bin to put in the js9000 box,

but you think the f9000 has been repaired?

Comment

or is there also a way to put the new firmware on the f9000 eeprom, with the eeprom reader?

i have the ezp2019 programmer

or put the eeproms from the hu7500 in the F9000 ?
                            the hu7500 has a broken schreen
                            Last edited by Frank29578; 04-26-2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

I paid 100 euros for the F9000 do you think it was a good price?

Comment

Originally posted by Frank29578 View Post
                                but you think the f9000 has been repaired?
                                You had two completely different issues:

1) the white screen with yellow/cyan artifacts issue,
                                2) the JS One Connect on "F" series TV issue.

When you programmed and installed a new IC3301 EEPROM, you fixed problem 1 with your mainboard.

I don't suspect the F9000 mainboard is the issue for your JS One Connect.

The F9000 Mainboard may need to be updated to accept the JS One Connect. However, to update the F9000 mainboard, you need to have a compatible "F" series One Connect.

This is a catch 22 - To accept the JS One Connect, you need to update the TV. But to update the TV, you need "F" series One Connect... You can see the issue, right?

You may need to purchase an "F" series One Connect, or borrow one from someone willing to lend it.

Once your F9000 is updated to latest compatible firmware, you might have success using a JS One Connect (or at least receive error message telling you it is detected but wrong version - then you can update the OC).

Also, don't risk damaging the mainboard by trying to reflow things at high temperature which may not be the problem.
                                Last edited by Unspun01; 04-26-2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

I paid 100 euros for the F9000 do you think it was a good price?
                                  Yes, the F9000 is a fantastic TV. $100 euros is a great deal, even without OC... However, you can see the headache you have by not having the original OC.

Can you contact the seller to see if they still have it? Maybe you can buy it from them? Sometimes people sell the OC separately because they know the issue is with the TV. The OC may fetch a good price separately.

See if you can contact original seller.

Comment

or is there also a way to put the new firmware on the f9000 eeprom, with the eeprom reader?

i have the ezp2019 programmer

or put the eeproms from the hu7500 in the F9000 ?
                                    the hu7500 has a broken schreen
                                    There are several EEPROMS on this TV, IC3301 and IC3701 are the big ones, but also an emmc IC1801 which contains most of the software and apps for the TV. EMMC is not easily programmed since it is BGA and does not have exposed pins like other EEPROMs.... I have no idea how to program new emmc IC.

Davi.P shared possible option to reprogram emmc in Post 91 of this thread using RT908H or F programmer.

This is not a feasible option.
                                    Last edited by Unspun01; 04-26-2019, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Frank:

Can you upload the .BIN image of your IC3301 EEPROM? This may help others that have the white screen issue.

Comment

oke thanks

i have seen a sek2500u on ebay that should definitely work on the F9000

Comment

i must see how to upload the BIN on this forum

Comment

Working...
                                          X