Dell Alienware 17 R3 Bios Dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Alienware 17 R3 Bios Dump

I am looking for dump for the mentioned laptop. Bios available on the Alienware support site is a .exe file which the programmer is unable to read.Any help ?

Re: Dell Alienware 17 R3 Bios Dump

post your old dump with model number and serial number may someone can help you

Comment

I dont have any old dump as such. But i will attach the latest Bios file from Dell official site.Model is Alienware 17 R3
      Attached Files

Comment

hello please i need the bios of this manchine Alienware M17x R2

Comment

Originally posted by Pascal Komlassan View Post
          Theres a modified bios here:

https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thre...Options?page=9
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by Pascal Komlassan View Post
            This is the original Dell latest Bios rom file for the requested model.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thank you very much. But your bios did not work for my machine. mine is 4096ko it turns on the machine but it does not boot on USB or hard drive
              Attached Files

Comment

So had a Alienware 17 R3 come in, would briefly turn keyboard back-light on then off, rarly it would turn on to a black screen and beep 7 times. Trying to use the hold esc and ctrl, plug in, power on recovery wouldn't do anything. Opend found 4 rom chips 3 1m and 1 16m chips.
                uh4 had the bios and uefi stuff on it. grabed the bios from dell and extracted it using Alienware_15R2_17R3_1.2.8.EXE /writehdr. Using UEFITool, extracted the uefi image as is from the .hdr file it made and opend my dump, to replace the bios region as is. After re uploading it seams to boot agen. Beeped 5 times but after powering down and back up whent away aprintly its to hard to make a cmos battery error text screen beter to make the system beep and have no screen thanks dell.
                Attached Files

Comment

So found out it wouldn't boot internal drive but a usb cdrom with Super Grub Disk would let me still load an os.
                  Downgrading bios to 1.2.8 and loaded each update to 1.6.1 seams to have cleared that problem.
                  Bios would take forever to load / get to boot, disabling tpm fixed this.
                  System would also not shut-down would just go black screen and stay on forever.
                  System would beep 2 short beeps randomly on reset / power on, would boot normal after bitching about ram changing.
                  Re-dumped bios and ran me_cleaner, System boots faster, shut-downs properly and no more beeping.
                  I tryed updating the me but meinfo wouldn't work and the drivers didnt recognise. I now have a reason to hate intel a little more.

Winbond flash chip "W25Q128.V" (16384 kB, SPI)
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by IDislikemakingLogins View Post
                    So found out it wouldn't boot internal drive but a usb cdrom with Super Grub Disk would let me still load an os.
                    Downgrading bios to 1.2.8 and loaded each update to 1.6.1 seams to have cleared that problem.
                    Bios would take forever to load / get to boot, disabling tpm fixed this.
                    System would also not shut-down would just go black screen and stay on forever.
                    System would beep 2 short beeps randomly on reset / power on, would boot normal after bitching about ram changing.
                    Re-dumped bios and ran me_cleaner, System boots faster, shut-downs properly and no more beeping.
                    I tryed updating the me but meinfo wouldn't work and the drivers didnt recognise. I now have a reason to hate intel a little more.

Winbond flash chip "W25Q128.V" (16384 kB, SPI)
                    used ur above file and it works perfectly

Comment

Hi Guys,
                      I have the a somewhat similar issue where the Laptop (Alienware 17 R3) turns on but shuts off within 6 seconds. I was able to go to recovery but the following is display:
                      ROM Image is not loaded
                      ROM Image update denied

thanks in advance for any help. Do i need a Bios flash?

Comment

Originally posted by waakye View Post
                        Hi Guys,
                        I have the a somewhat similar issue where the Laptop (Alienware 17 R3) turns on but shuts off within 6 seconds. I was able to go to recovery but the following is display:
                        ROM Image is not loaded
                        ROM Image update denied

thanks in advance for any help. Do i need a Bios flash?
                        posteaza biosul original al laptopului..
                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Thanks Peste for replying.
                          The original Bios is attached
                          Attached Files

Comment

can anyone help me with a clean bios for Alienware 17 R3 ,
                            Thanks

Comment

Can someone check my original bios posted at #13 and let me know if there is an issue with the bios bin please.
                              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by waakye View Post
                                Thanks Peste for replying.
                                The original Bios is attached
                                Here's your New BIOS, try it and give me results.

Service Tag: 9N44BG2.
                                Attached Files
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                all donations are welcome,
                                see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                >>>>>
                                click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

@hardware 1
                                  I flashed the bios with the one you posted and the machine turns on fans spins and immediately turn off. When I remove the ram and turn the machine on, the laptop beep 2 for ram failure.
                                  Thanks 🙏

Comment

Any help guys?

Comment

Working...
                                    X