Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

APM2054N MOSFET replacement for A9200SE

Hello folks,

I accidentally shorted something on this video card, and the APM2054N MOSFET got visible burned (image attached, though it is not so clear in the picture). I can't find the exact replacement but I have sourced two of each of these: APM2509N, APM2506N, APM2512N from my pile of broken electronics.

Reading this post and checking the datasheets, all the ones I found seem to be compatible (lower resistance, higher voltage) but I'm not sure at all. Overall I see the ones I found are for higher load and higher voltage.

Can anybody please tell me if any of these are suitable for replacing the broken APM2054N?

Inspecting the board I see that there are two APM2054N that likely work together, (I'm only guessing). Is it better to replace both (the good and the bad one) with two MOSFETs of the same ratings, or only replacing the bad one is enough?

If the ones I found are not appropriate, can you please tell me what alternatives I could look for and how to identify the compatible MOSFETs? What is the criteria?

Thank you guys!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by rattlesnake; 12-03-2022, 01:50 AM.

Re: APM2054N MOSFET replacement for A9200SE

give part number to google, find datasheet, than compare

Comment

Re: APM2054N MOSFET replacement for A9200SE

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
      give part number to google, find datasheet, than compare
      Thanks for your suggestion. Have you read my message? Please do so.

This is a theoretical question.

I read the datasheet for the mentioned MOSFETs but I don't know enough to interpret them fully.

That's why I ask, what are the conditions that should be met to replace a MOSFET with a different one?
      I read that voltage can go up, and resistance can go down, but I don't feel confident with only that. I think there probably are other factors and I'd like to know more about what to look for and what to be careful about.

Also, I don't know if I have to replace both MOSFETs or if I can use one APM2509N and leave the good APM2054N in its place.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
      X