Transistor substition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transistor substition

Hi everybody. Can anyone suggest a more widely available substitute for SVD3205T?

It is used in a power inverter and 8 out 12 are gonesky, so basically I can purchase 8 from the usual place (aliX) and wait for a couple of months to arrive or just change all 12 with something that I can easily get in the local electronics shop.
    Thanks in advance.

p.s. sorry for the typo in the topic label
    Last edited by madan1; 09-22-2022, 06:49 AM.

Re: Transistor substition

Originally posted by madan1 View Post
    Hi everybody. Can anyone suggest a more widely available substitute for SVD3205T?

It is used in a power inverter and 8 out 12 are gonesky, so basically I can purchase 8 from the usual place (aliX) and wait for a couple of months to arrive or just change all 12 with something that I can easily get in the local electronics shop.
    Thanks in advance.

p.s. sorry for the typo in the topic label
    My suggestion is the write to the Company that makes the IC and tell them the problem you are having getting their product. This is their contact link.
    https://www.vbsemi.com/index.php?catid=45

Most of this stuff is now made in Asia. This chip headquarters is in Tiawan, and I believe they just had a recent natural disaster in the Country. I will continue to look for a local company in Europe for you.

Comment

I could not find a simple cross reference to this particular manufacturer.

You might want to contact support for Texas Instruments to help you find an equivalent.
      This is their support contact page one can email, chat or call them.

https://ticsc.service-now.com/csm/?_...VjdCBPYmplY3Rd

Comment

Svd3205t = irf3205pbf
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the replies!
          I don't think I will be contacting TI or SVD, the issues is not that the mosfets can not be purchased, but that the shipping time is month+. In aliexpress and ebay there are lot's of offers, but everything is from China.

Local store has irf3205Z in stock, which according to the manual is same as irf3205pbf, so I guess this is what I'm getting tomorrow.

Really appreciate the help!

Comment

Originally posted by madan1 View Post
            Thanks for the replies!
            I don't think I will be contacting TI or SVD, the issues is not that the mosfets can not be purchased, but that the shipping time is month+. In aliexpress and ebay there are lot's of offers, but everything is from China.

Local store has irf3205Z in stock, which according to the manual is same as irf3205pbf, so I guess this is what I'm getting tomorrow.

Really appreciate the help!
            The manufacturing companies have a lot more power in getting their product to market then their distributors. If the manufacturer is not getting feedback from the customer that needs the product, then they will never know.

The reason why I said contact IT is because IT may be able to help you look up one of their products that is compatible to the SVD product. IT Products you may be able to get quicker. Many of the Mosfet manufacturers do not have a cross reference with the SVD product. I check about 3 main manufacturers including IT. However, that does not mean they do not have a product that meets all specification of the Mosfet.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
              Svd3205t = irf3205pbf
              Here is catalog distributors for Infineon irf3205

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/abou...tribution.html

Here is all distributor for Infineon for EMEA countries.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/prod...Id=140385#emea

Perhaps you can get it cheaper at the one of the above distributors then down the local supply shop.

The more you open up the available market the better chance of getting a product at a reasonable cost.
              Last edited by keeney123; 09-22-2022, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
                Svd3205t = irf3205pbf
                Thanks, lotas for the help.

Comment

Working...
                X